Cervicitis

What were the symptoms of your cervicitis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Gerhei, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I went this afternoon to the hospital for vaginal bleeding for 1 week. I was afraid so I immediately went to the doctor. In the interview and after a vaginal exam she found that I had cervicitis. She said I had to have 1 week treatment, and after that I will go see her again. I hope it will be okay. Good luck us all who have suffered cervicitis.

Comment from: Pretty girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I had no symptoms but I was having problem in passing urine. My post void urine was 90 cc. My cervicitis was discovered during pelvic examination.

Comment from: desperate, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

With cervicitis I had two and a half years of pain, inflammation, extreme itchiness, UTIs (urinary tract infections) and pus discharge, every single day. I was on Depo-Provera injection at the beginning of symptoms, and when I stopped it made no difference to the symptoms. On top of everything, now I have heavy periods for a week, regularly, even though I have been told I am in menopause. I have had numerous tests, scans internal and external, blood and urine tests. It is not STD related. I have seen 2 gynecologists and 1 urologist, with no relief. I do not know what to do and worry nothing can be done medically.

Comment from: Cervicitis sucks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I went to the clinic today with a lot of pain, burning, and itching in my vagina. The doctor took exams and I have cervicitis, something that I have never heard of before. The doctor gave me antibiotics and said, if I don’t feel better in 7 days, to go back to the clinic. Cervicitis is an STI, so I don’t know if I should ask my partner to go get checked because I am sure he gave it to me. But I am afraid that he might say that I gave it to him. Be safe everyone.

Comment from: cervicitis, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

Usually I undergo a Pap smear test once every year. Recently, I have done this. The results showed ASCUS. Doctor consulted to go for biopsy. I was horrified that this is required. The doctor advised that among many of the causes for ASCUS, one is cervical cancer. Hence it is required to rule that out. I have undergone biopsy. Until the results came out I was very much afraid. The report showed it is chronic cervicitis. The doctor gave me an antibiotic treatment and asked for repeat Pap smear after six months. The only symptoms experienced were pains during the intercourse and frequent urination.

Comment from: Alice, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I had think creamy discharge then eventually heavy bleeding with clots for a week after my monthly cycle with no pain. I visited the Dr. who diagnosed me with cervicitis. The doctor said my cervix was normal but the bleeding was from outside the cervix which left me confused when asked me to go for Biopsy. Pap smear was done. Now I’m waiting for results.

Comment from: Jhela, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I was diagnosed with cervicitis last Saturday. The doctor examined me through a Pap smear. I was advised not to have contact until we get the result. I experienced brownish discharge. I change my underwear almost every 2 hours due to my discharge and its odor. I am afraid that it might be chlamydia or gonorrhea, or worst it may lead to cancer.

Published: December 11

Bleeding after sex. Vaginal and anal itching.

Comment from: AC, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

My symptoms of cervicitis were yellow, thick discharge, but never had a bad odor and very little itching.

Comment from: Mommyof3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I was feeling nauseated. I was very weak, and I had a brownish discharge. I am also about nine weeks pregnant. I have only been with one person and my mate had only been with me but they were saying that I could have a STD.

Comment from: Kimber, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

No symptoms. I just went for a Pap smear and felt pain. A lot of blood came out and I'm still having brown spots.

QUESTION

The vagina includes the labia, clitoris, and uterus. See Answer
Comment from: el.w.kay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I had a smelly pinkish brown discharge, urinary incontinence and frequency that got worse with time. I responded very well to antibiotic treatment.

Comment from: unknown12, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

Mine was caused from Mirena IUD removal one month after removal.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

My only symptom was severe pain with intercourse, but not at every occurrence of intercourse. At times it would feel like my partner had bruised my cervix. After one instance where the pain was so severe I was vomiting and bleeding after intercourse I made an appointment with my physician and was diagnosed with cervicitis.

Comment from: Concerned mother, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 18