Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid)

What were the symptoms and signs of your chalazion? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jackee5, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

I had a chalazion for 6 months. It was red at first. I kept getting comments as to what was wrong with my eye. I did not feel any pain or even realize there was something. Then I saw the lump. The redness went, then there was a bump, a hard lump with no redness. It flared up again all red again 6 months after the start of it. Just guess I have to live with it because my doctor is useless.

Comment from: Thuthula, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I'm having an eye problem and it's been three months now. I am having a lump on my lower lid of my eye. I don't know what I should use to make the chalazion disappear; it's painless but itchy.

Comment from: Eyassu, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 06

So far I have had 2 minor surgeries for chalazion on my left and right upper eyelids. But still many more chalazions are developing even on the lower eyelids. Just like one chalazion for every eyelash. Symptoms are swelling, pain and redness. Moreover, because of the large sized chalazion, it pushes my eyeballs and make me feel blurred vision.

Comment from: Jo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

The only symptom of chalazion is a bump on the lower 'water-line' of the eye. No pain nor irritation.

Comment from: PleasantSanctuary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I applied some new nighttime eye cream around my eyes before going to bed. I must have rubbed my eyes because I remember my one eye stung a little bit, but not too much, so I wiped it with a washcloth and went to sleep. The next day I woke up with what I thought was a sty on my eye. I realized it would probably go away. After a month it just seemed to gradually get a bit bigger. After a few months, I realized it was not a sty, as any sty I have ever had has gone away after applying a warm washcloth. I looked into it online, and realized that it had to be a chalazion. I suppose I will have to go to a doctor, but I just thought that since I am a healthy person, that it was no big deal. At this point, I have had this for three months and it is time to go in and have it looked at by a doctor who specializes in this. It is started to feel sore, and it seems to be getting bigger one day, smaller the next. I am tired of it, so I am going to probably call the doctor tomorrow to see what can be done.

QUESTION