Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid)

Do you know of any effective home remedies for chalazia? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Cynthia L, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

What worked for my chalazia was warm compresses as often as possible throughout the day. I took time off to do this initially. When I had to work I did 3 soaks before breakfast, 3 soaks during lunch, and nearly constant soaks until bedtime (plus standard blepharitis hygiene - baby shampoo washes). A wet washcloth folded into a fat square, heated for 23 seconds in the microwave was what I used (tap water didn't stay hot long enough for this). I was extremely persistent for 2 weeks. It worked!

Comment from: brenda, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 31

I had this thing called chalazion on my eyelid for almost 5 months now. It was not painful at all, and now after all these months when it has decreased, I woke up but with some pain in the lid. One more day and on waking up it had grown bigger in size with a lot of pain. I don't know whether it will ever go away. I just want to get rid of it without a surgery because it is creeping me out all the time.

SLIDESHOW