Kidney Disease

What was the treatment for your chronic kidney disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: lowraind, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I was given no treatment plan. My primary physician referred me to a nephrologist. The nephrologist told me that I had chronic kidney disease (CKD), stage 3, and that was it. Anything I have learned is because of the reading I have done. I have also insisted that I see a dietician, had to push it three different times. My greatest concern is that if CKD is so widespread, why is there so little information about it. Gluten free is all over the place, but there is no CKD section in the grocery stores. Also, since the information about CKD is frequently changing, if you read something written before 2017, it is probably outdated, therefore there are so many contradictory facts about it that one wanders around in total confusion!

Comment from: mike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 28

I do two bags of IV fluids nightly.

Jameson, JL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 20th ed. (Vol.1 & Vol.2). McGraw-Hill Education 2018.

"Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO)." Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO). 2008.

"National Kidney Foundation Guidelines and Commentaries." National Kidney Foundation. 2012.

"U.S. Renal Data System, USRDS 2015 Annual Data Report: Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States." National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Bethesda, MD. 2015.