Cocaine Abuse (Addiction): Cocaine is one of the most commonly abused drugs in the U.S. Symptoms of cocaine abuse include
- dilated pupils,
- recurrent nosebleeds, and
- cocaine-induced headaches,
- cocaine-induced seizures,
- psychiatric complications like anxiety, hallucinations, and psychoses,
- nasal and throat complications like nosebleed and perforated nasal septum,
- pulmonary diagnoses of conditions like asthma and pneumonia,
- cardiovascular complications,
- pregnancy complications, and
- infectious complications.
Substance Abuse People abuse substances such as drugs, alcohol, and tobacco for varied and complicated reasons, but it is clear that our society pays a significant cost. Symptoms and signs of substance abuse include forgetfulness, frequent hangovers, having blackouts, and getting into trouble with the law. Treatment typically involves counseling and prescription medications to control withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings.