Cold Sores

What were the symptoms of your cold sore? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Rena, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been having cold sores from the time I was about 8 years. I never knew what it was until when I was 14 and I went to see a doctor and he told me that I had a cold sore. My symptoms were a little pimple and then the next morning it would be red and it would burn and sting really bad, and after a few days it would get dry and flake off. I am just recently recovering from a cold sore after almost 4 years with no outbreak I finally got one now. I am now using lip sore cream and it works really well. The sore is slowly going away getting smaller and smaller.

Comment from: BigFishMama, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I’m almost 46 and have never had a cold sore. About six days ago I developed what I thought was a subcutaneous pimple near the corner of my mouth. I tried to pop the tiny white dots I could see in my magnifying mirror, but nothing really came out. You would think that as a nurse I’d have realized sooner what it was, but since it wasn’t on my lip and only near it, I was clueless. And I have no clue how and when I got HSV. Weird.

SLIDESHOW