Colon Cancer Symptoms vs. Hemorrhoids

Please share your experience with hemorrhoids. Have they been caused by colon cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Evee74, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I am a 44 year old female. Recently I had constipation, was straining and suddenly felt a softball size something inside me with extreme pressure, ranging from my vagina all the way back behind my anus. I couldn't have a bowel movement, it was hard to urinate, and it was burning. I couldn't even cough because it hurt so badly. I couldn't sit for 3 days because of pain and the swelling. It finally went down but I now have slimy fecal matter just leaking out of my anus. I haven't seen a doctor. I am not sure if I should be concerned or if this is just hemorrhoids.

Comment from: SacGayBoy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I have stage three hemorrhoids, and I am due to go in for surgery on November 13th, 2018. My hemorrhoids are huge, bigger than normal, and very painful at times! I can't wait for them to be removed! I hope that the surgery and the pain weeks after will be worth them being removed!

American Cancer Society. "Colorectal Cancer Statistics, 2017." 2017. <http://pressroom.cancer.org/CRCstats2017>.

Cancer.Net. "Colorectal Cancer: Treatment Options." August 2017. <http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/colorectal-cancer/treatment-options>.

"Clinical presentation, diagnosis, and staging of colorectal cancer"
UpToDate.com

"Overview of the management of primary colon cancer"
UpToDate.com

"Colorectal cancer: Epidemiology, risk factors, and protective factors"
UpToDate.com

Rakel RE, Rakel D. "Textbook of Family Medicine." 9th edition. 2015 Saunders.