Concussion Symptoms and Test: Concussions and mild brain trauma is classified in different ways and has different symptoms. Doctors use various tests to determine risk and treatment.
Concussion Concussion (an injury to the brain) can be cause by significant blunt force trauma to the head, for example, falls, car accidents, being struck in the head. Treatment of concussion depends upon the severity of the injury. Concussions can be prevented by wearing protective gear when participating in sports, and taking care that homes are free from clutter and debris that can be easily tripped over.
Expert Views and News
- Suicide Risk Doubles After Concussion
- Prevalence of CTE in Football Players 'Astounding'
- Concussions: Teen's Tragedy Spurs Policy Change
- College Football Players' Concussion Rates Double
- Concussions: Girls Have Longer Recovery Time
- Concussions Might Affect Kids and Adults Differently
- Concussions on the Rise for Young Athletes
- Head Injury Risks Linger
- Sports-Related Concussions on the Rise in Kids
- Concussions Not Taken Seriously
Concussion Symptoms and Test Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes: