Contact Lenses (cont.)
Questions and Answers for Common Questions About Contact Lenses
- Should I have a backup pair of glasses?
- How often should I remove my contact lenses?
- How long can I wear my contact lenses at one time?
- It depends on the individual, but 10-12 hours is usually tolerable.
- How do I care for my contact lenses?
- How often should I exchange my contact lenses for a new pair?
- How often should I have my eyes examined?
- How often should I change my contact-lens case?
- At least every three months...
- What should do I do in case of questions or problems?
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/17/2017
Must Read Articles Related to Contact Lenses
Anatomy of the Eye
Even though the eye is small, only about 1 inch in diameter, it serves a very important function -- the sense of sight. Vision is by far the most used of the fi...learn more >>
Eye Care Providers
There are a number of different types of eye care providers. Depending on the learn more >>
Vision Correction Surgery
Vision correction surgery changes the cornea to focus light on the back of the eye without the need for corrective lenses. There are several types of vision cor...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Contact Lenses: