Heart Disease

What was the cause of your coronary heart disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: beancounter, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

My coronary heart disease has two factors, heredity and improper diet/lack of exercise. My father had bypass surgery under the age of 50. I was raised on a farm and ate lots of meat and dairy. My maternal grandmother died of heart disease in her 70s. My paternal grandmother died in her 30s probably from a cerebral aneurysm. I have had hypertension since my 20s, treated by a physician. I married a nurse and she has had my heart disease closely monitored by a cardiologist. I had bypass surgery when I was 49. Since that time I now have a different lifestyle.

Comment from: Rohan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed having a coronary heart disease without my. The LAD is bloked with more than 90% and due to this and the tissue underlying the heart is dead. The cardiologist says there is no point having a bypass surgery as the tissues are dead. He thinks I should undergo medical management and has given me drugs for three months and warned to keep diabetes and hyper tension under control.

Comment from: what?, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

My heart problems were caused by genetics. I'm 58, 5'2 weigh 134, swim every day, garden, and walk my pups, so I'm surprised to be sick.

REFERENCE:

Yang, EH, MD, et al. Cardiovascular Disease Primary Prevention/Lifestyle Guidelines. Mescape. Updated: May 25, 2018.
<https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2500031-overview>