Is the Coronavirus Disease More Severe Than the Flu?: While there are some similarities between the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and influenza, overall, coronavirus disease is a much more serious illness for several reasons: Coronavirus disease is more infections than the flu, has a higher death rate than the flu, a higher rate of serious illness that requires hospitalization than the flu. There is currently no vaccine for coronavirus disease, nor any significant community immunity to COVID-19.
Must Read Articles:
CoronavirusCoronaviruses are very common and typical cause cold-like symptoms. There are seven coronaviruses that infect humans, with SARS, MERS, and COVID-19 being the most notable of the seven. However, COVID-19 (Wuhan coronavirus, 2019 novel coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV) appears to be more contagious than MERS or SARS and appears to not only spread via respiratory secretions, but it may also spread through fecal contamination.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention TipsSevere acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the virus that causes COVID-19. Reduce your risk of infection with the following tips: wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; avoid touching your face if your hands aren't washed; practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet).
Flu and COVID-19 At the same timeIt is technically possible to have both influenza (the flu) and COVID-19 at the same time, because they are different viruses, however, it is extremely uncommon. There have only been a small number of known cases of patients having both illnesses at the same time.
Is It Possible to Have the Flu and COVID-19 At the Same Time? It is technically possible to have both influenza (the flu) and COVID-19 at the same time, because they are different viruses, however, it is extremely uncommon. There have only been a small number of known cases of patients having both illnesses at the same time.
Expert Views and News
- COVID-19 Cases Pass 25 Million Worldwide
- Hospitals Must Report COVID Data or Be Penalized
- Which HCPs Are Most Likely to Get COVID Vaccine?
- Patients With COVID-19 Are Unwell Weeks Later
- Tips on Getting Quality Sleep During COVID
- 19 States Report Increase in COVID-19 Cases
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 Spread Deemed 'Rare'
- COVID Cases Rise in South and West Amid Protests
- Distancing Works, N95 Respirators Work Better
- COVID-19 Reopening: What's the Risk?
- COVID-19 vs. Flu: Blood Clots in Lungs
- How Can You Catch COVID-19 Staying Home?
- Panic, Abuse, Addiction: COVID-19 Mental Health
- Vitamin D: A Low-Hanging Fruit in COVID-19?
- Inhaled Nitric Oxide Explored for COVID-19 Oxygenation
- FDA Targets Fraudulent COVID-19 Products
- COVID Pediatric Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome
- COVID-19 Transmission to Household Members
- 500 TSA Employees Test Positive for COVID-19
- When COVID-19 Mutates, What Are the Risks?
- Passive Ventilation Alternative for COVID-19
- The Great Invader: How COVID Attacks Every Organ
- The Road Ahead With COVID-19
- The COVID-19 At-Home Test Kit Approved
- What Will Antibody Testing Tell Us About COVID-19?
- Where Did the COVID-19 Virus Come From?
- Higher Mortality Rate in Ventilated COVID-19 Patients
- COVID-19: Red Cross Wants Blood Plasma Antibodies
- Anti-Parasite Drug Ivermectin Stunts COVID-19
- What If a COVID-19 Test Is Negative?
- COVID-19 'Infodemic': Coronavirus Misinformation
- COVID-19: More Hydroxychloroquine Data From France
- 'Stealth Transmission' of COVID-19
- Remdesivir (RDV) for Coronavirus
- Providing Routine Care in the Era of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Is Hydroxychloroquine the Answer?
- Know the Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Some Could Show COVID-19 Symptoms After Quarantine
- COVID-19: CDC Reports Possible Community Spread
- Public Health Restrictions for COVID-19