Creatinine Blood Tests

If you have had your blood creatinine levels checked, were they too high, too low, or within the normal range? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Azizza, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 30

My mother is 100 years old and was hospitalized for heart failure. Her creatinine level is at 700. Doctors say that she is at a point of no return.

Comment from: Patient alpha, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I'm on dialysis. I have a GFR of 0. My creatinine was up to 1270. I live in Canada and our units are different. I think it's about 20 in the United States. I feel terrible when my creatinine is over 1000.

Comment from: jad, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 20

I am a single kidney person and recently I checked my kidney function by a creatinine test, which says that eGFR count is 86 and creatinine levels are 1.16.

Comment from: Florida, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

I had an increase in creatinine after a head CT with contrast. Wonder if this is normal; value is 1.32.

Comment from: Pup, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 25

My husband’s creatinine level is 3.5. He is an alcoholic and is in the hospital now. We have to get his levels down.

Comment from: Miruel, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 17

I am male, 51 years old, and my creatinine level is 1.4 mg/dl. Wondering if this is high. Thank you.

SLIDESHOW