CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)

Did you experience any complications after your CT Scan? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had a CT scan on my coronary arteries and the second I had the contrast enter my body through a cannula that was placed in my right arm I felt I was being drowned and could not take my breath. I felt my heart was squeezed so badly as well as my chest, and had no control over my breathing. The technician was able to take only one slide but had to end the procedure. I am surprised to experience such a feeling as I have done a CT scan on my abdomen and pelvic area before and things were normal. I was sleepy for couple of days after the scan though probably as a reaction from radiation.

Comment from: Trixie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I had a CT scan on Monday. The scan on my kidneys was done in 2 parts. The first was fine. During the second part I had a sudden onset of quite a severe headache. It's now the end of Wednesday and the headache is still with me. The nurse in the department did not seem to think it was a side effect but I believe it must be.

Stark, Paul MD. "Principles of computed tomography of the chest." UptoDate. Updated Jun 2, 2015.
"CT Scan - CAT Scan Imaging - What is a CT Scan." Imaginis.com. Accessed Sept 19, 2016.
Levy, Jason MD. "CT Scan." Medline. Updated Oct 22, 2014.