Cyst (Cysts)

What were the symptoms you experienced with your cysts? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Terri, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had for 8 years experienced motion sickness but didn't know it was motion sickness. When we would travel I would just assume that I had a bad flu and when we would get to our destination I would have to stay in bed for a few days. When I mentioned what happens when I travel, whether car, or airplane to a friend she said that it was motion sickness. So I wore the patch behind my ear. It helped mostly. I started having pain in my left abdomen and would go to my gynecologist for a checkup and Pap. I did that for the next 5 years and the pain continued to get worse. Finally one time the doctor was overbooked so the nurse practitioner checked and she felt a large cyst on my left side. They did an ultra sound and saw a cyst the size of a large orange. The doctor wanted to just give me medicines to see if it would shrink. I said no, I want it out. So I had surgery, and it was endometriosis. He put me on 2 birth control pills every day for 9 months to mimic a pregnancy. All was well for 2 years and then I had to have a hysterectomy and oophorectomy. Well, I could no longer have children and that was sad, but one good thing came out of it. I no longer have motion sickness. I sincerely believe the cyst caused the motion sickness.

Comment from: breezee, Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I've had severe pain. Doctors kept telling me that I had gas, but now they're telling me that I have a cyst on my right ovary and they don't know how long it's been there. I've had severe pain for months and heavy bleeding for 14 years.

Comment from: Lesley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

My second toe had a bump on it and fluid came out of it. My doctor says I need an operation and I will wear a boot for up to three weeks. Six months ago I had bunion, and two toes pinned and fused with surgery on the right foot. Now he wants to operate on the left foot.

Comment from: smit, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

A bump on my shoulder that has slowly increased in size and discomfort turned out to be a cyst.

"Overview of benign lesions of the skin"

"Popliteal (Baker's) cyst"
UpToDate.com

"Ovarian cysts and neoplasms in infants, children, and adolescents"
UpToDate.com

"Simple and complex renal cysts in adults"
UpToDate.com

"Causes of chronic wrist pain in children and adolescents"