Dengue Fever

What was the treatment for your dengue fever? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Sha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I had fever, terrible headache and back ache. I went to the doctor soon after the first day of the symptoms, and they just gave me Panadol. After the third day of the fever not subsiding I took a blood test and found out I had dengue; it took me 8 days to become better. It’s been a week now, my body still feels weak and when I do work I get tired very easily.

Comment from: Nisha D., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I drank lots of water, took lots of rest and drank mostly soups. Keep smiling, be positive and believe you will beat the sickness or else you will lose the battle. As there is no cure for dengue yet, my attitude of keeping busy and thinking and visualizing nice and beautiful things cured me. But, I took all the required blood tests and other tests and studied the report with my physician. But, did not take any medication he prescribed. My motto is body, heal thyself.

Comment from: june, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I was diagnosed with dengue fever at age 25 in Xuan Loc Province, VN. I had a high fever, vomiting, severe muscle and bone ache, watery eyes, sensitivity to light, severe fatigue, and overall weakness. The duration was 10-14 days. Aspirin is all I was given along with the daily dose of quinine. Following my third tour in VN, I was diagnosed with TB in the right lung, followed by a year’s daily dose of Prednisone.

QUESTION