Clinical depression is not just grief or feeling sad. It is an illness that can challenge your ability to perform even routine daily activities. At its worst, depression may lead you to contemplate, attempt, or commit suicide. Depression represents a burden for both you and your family. Sometimes that burden can seem overwhelming.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Depression related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Depression Related Resources
- Postpartum Depression
- Is Crying All the Time a Sign of Depression?
- How Does Depression Affect your Health?
- Can a Person Be Cured of Depression?
- SSRIs and Depression
- Can Depression Be Triggered?
- How Long Is an Episode of Depression?
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Depression Symptoms and Signs
- Suicide Warning Signs and Symptoms
- desvenlafaxine (Khedezla, Pristiq) (Pristiq)
- duloxetine (Cymbalta, Irenka) (Cymbalta)
- fluoxetine and olanzapine (Symbyax) (Symbyax)
- s-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (Natrol SAMe)
- citalopram (CeleXA) (Celexa)
- quetiapine (SEROquel, SEROquel XR) (Seroquel, Seroquel XR)
- mirtazapine (Remeron, Remeron SolTab)
- amitriptyline and perphenazine (Etrafon 2-10, Etrafon 2-25, Etrafon Forte)
- amitriptyline and chlordiazepoxide (Limbitrol, Limbitrol DS) (Limbitrol, Limbitrol DS)
- venlafaxine (Effexor, Effexor XR)
- paroxetine (Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR) (Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva)
- selegiline (transdermal) (Emsam) (Emsam)
- tranylcypromine (Parnate) (Parnate)
- phenelzine (Nardil) (Nardil)
Depression Images and Slideshows
- 12 Tips for Success with Antidepressants
- Postpartum Depression: Symptoms, Causes, and More in Pictures
- Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
- Bipolar Disorder: Symptoms, Testing for Bipolar Depression
- Depression Tips: Exercise, Diet, Stress Reduction, and More in Pictures
- Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
- Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
- Depression Therapy: Myths, Facts, and More in Pictures
- Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
- Childhood Maltreatment Ups Risk for Recurrent Depression
- Depression Screening Rates Up, but Still Fall Far Short
- Vitamin D Supplementation May Help Ease Depression
- Genetic Test Identifies Best Antidepressant
- Depression: Novel Gene Variants Identified
- Brain Imaging Reveals the Impact of Untreated Depression
- Screen Teens For Depression Annually, Docs Say
- Kids Who Use Antidepressants May Have Greater Diabetes Risk
- 'Small Dose' Exercise Guards Against Depression
- Loneliness a Major Risk Factor for Suicidal Thoughts
- Antidepressants Tied to a Significantly Increased Risk for Death
- Antidepressant Use Rising, Especially in Women
- Early-Life Depression Boosts Alzheimer's Risk
- Antibiotic Shows Promise for Major Depression
- Anxiety Therapy Better for Depression Than CBT?