Clinical depression is not just grief or feeling sad. It is an illness that can challenge your ability to perform even routine daily activities. At its worst, depression may lead you to contemplate, attempt, or commit suicide. Depression represents a burden for both you and your family. Sometimes that burden can seem overwhelming.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Depression related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Depression Related Resources
- What Are the Top 10 Antidepressant Drugs?
- What Are the Top 5 Symptoms of Depression?
- Depression Symptoms and Signs
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- How Long Does It Take to Get Over Serotonin Syndrome?
- What Is the Number One Cause of Depression?
- What Are the Most Common Side Effects of Cymbalta?
- Postpartum Depression
- Why Do People Take Prozac?
- What Are the Most Common Side Effects of Citalopram?
- How Do You Release Sadness?
- Antidepressant Medications
- SSRIs and Depression
- Suicide Warning Signs and Symptoms
- desvenlafaxine (Khedezla, Pristiq) (Pristiq)
- duloxetine (Cymbalta, Drizalma Sprinkle, Irenka) (Cymbalta)
- fluoxetine and olanzapine (Symbyax) (Symbyax)
- s-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (Natrol SAMe)
- citalopram (CeleXA) (Celexa)
- quetiapine (SEROquel, SEROquel XR) (Seroquel, Seroquel XR)
- mirtazapine (Remeron, Remeron SolTab)
- nefazodone (Serzone)
- amitriptyline and perphenazine (Etrafon 2-10, Etrafon 2-25, Etrafon Forte)
- amitriptyline and chlordiazepoxide (Limbitrol, Limbitrol DS) (Limbitrol, Limbitrol DS)
- venlafaxine (Effexor, Effexor XR)
- paroxetine (Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR) (Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva)
- selegiline (transdermal) (Emsam) (Emsam)
- tranylcypromine (Parnate) (Parnate)
- phenelzine (Nardil) (Nardil)
Depression Images and Slideshows
- What Foods Should I Eat to Make Me Feel Happy
- What Is Bipolar Disorder? Symptoms, Manic Episodes, Testing
- Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
- Mental Health: How Grief Can Affect Your Health
- Holiday Depression: 10 Triggers That Cause Holiday Blues
- Depression: Visual Guide to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- 12 Tips for Success with Antidepressants
- Postpartum Depression: Symptoms, Causes, and More in Pictures
- Depression Tips: Exercise, Diet, Stress Reduction, and More in Pictures
- Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
- Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
- Depression Therapy: Myths, Facts, and More in Pictures
- Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
- Antidepressants: Unexpected Effect on Quality of Life
- Can a Routine Cancer Scan Flag Depression?
- Inflammation a Core Feature of Depression
- Psilocybin Matches SSRI for Moderate-to-Severe Depression in Phase 2 Study
- Do Antidepressants Increase Risk of Brain Bleeds?
- Major Depression Linked to Insulin Resistance
- Antipsychotic Added to Antidepressant Linked to Higher Mortality
- Vitamin D Fails to Prevent Late-Life Depression, Boost Mood
- Best Treatment for Post-Stroke Depression Still Unclear
- Brief CBT Lifesaving, Cost-Effective for Suicidal Crises
- Seniors' Antidepressant Use Soars, Depression Rates Unchanged
- Healthy Eating May Cut Depression in Young Adults
- Antidepressants Are Safe: Final Word?
- Esketamine Nasal Spray May Rapidly Reduce Suicidal Thoughts
- Sweet News: Dark Chocolate Tied to Lower Depression Risk