Abdominal Pain in Adults
Abdominal pain can range in intensity from a mild stomach ache to severe acute pain. The pain is often nonspecific and can be caused by a variety of conditions. Many organs are found within the abdominal cavity. Sometimes the pain is directly related to a specific organ such as the bladder or ovary. Usually, the pain originates in the digestive system. For example, the pain can be caused by appendicitis, diarrheal cramping, or food poisoning.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Digestive Disorders related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Digestive Disorders Related Resources
Digestive Disorders Articles
- How Much Does Poop Weigh in Your Body?
- Is Your Poop Supposed to Float or Sink?
- Rectal Bleeding
- Traveler's Diarrhea
- Anal Fissure
- Lactose Intolerance
- Crohn's Disease Diet (Trigger Foods)
- Constipation in Children (Infants)
- H. pylori Infection (Helicobacter Pylori)
- Gallbladder Pain
Digestive Disorders Medications
- ferumoxytol (Feraheme) (Feraheme)
- glutamine (GlutaSolve, NutreStore, SYMPT-X G.I. and more)
- certolizumab (Cimzia, Cimzia Starter) (Cimzia)
- lubiprostone (Amitiza) (Amitiza)
- sunitinib (Sutent) (Sutent)
- gadoxetate (Eovist) (Eovist)
- lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol) (Fosrenol)
- polyethylene glycol 3350 (ClearLax, GaviLAX, Gialax) (GlycoLax, MiraLax)
- pitcher plant
- cinacalcet (Sensipar) (Sensipar)
- mycophenolic acid (Myfortic) (Myfortic)
- nitazoxanide (Alinia) (Alinia)
- balsalazide (Colazal, Giazo) (Colazal)
- alosetron (oral) (Lotronex) (Lotronex)
Digestive Disorders Images and Slideshows
- Digestive Disorders: What Your Poop Type and Color Mean
- Diet and Weight Loss: What’s an Elimination Diet?
- Digestive Health: 10 Probiotic Foods That Help Digestion
- Digestive Health: Why Am I Bloated?
- Worst Foods for Digestion
- Picture of Diverticulosis
- Picture of Appendicitis
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids: Types, Causes and Treatments
- Picture of Spleen
- Picture of Appendix 1
- Kidney Stones: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Appendix Pain? Appendicitis, Surgery, and More
- Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions
- Celiac Disease: Symptoms, Gluten in Foods, Gluten Allergy Tests, and More
- Super Tips to Boost Digestive Health: Bloating, Constipation, and More
Digestive Disorders Quizzes
- Celiac Disease Quiz: What Is Celiac Disease?
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Ulcerative Colitis Quiz: Diet, Symptoms & Treatment
- Stomach Pain Quiz: Nausea & Other Causes
- Crohn's Disease Quiz
- Appendicitis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Liver Disease Quiz: Fatty Liver Disease, Cirrhosis & Symptoms
- Hemorrhoids Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ of Piles
- Kidney Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Digestive Disorders News
- Plant-Based Diets Help Reduce Kidney Disease Risk Long Term
- Diabetes Drug 'Home Run' Curtailing Kidney Failure Risk
- Abuse-Deterrent OxyContin Tied to Spike in Hepatitis C
- Antibiotics Safe for Appendicitis
- Too Many Hot Chips a Recipe for Stomach Trouble?
- Few Studies on Probiotics Assess Potential Harms
- Bariatric Surgery Only Partly Fixes Gut Flora in Severe Obesity
- Potentially Unsafe Prescribing Common in Patients With CKD
- Guideline Updates Recommendations for Persistent Hoarseness
- Homemade Yogurt Resolves Irritable Bowel Symptoms
- FDA Approves Mavyret for Hepatitis C
- Popular Heartburn Drugs May Boost Death Risk: Study
- FDA Panel Wary of Analgesic-Antacid Combination Products
- What's Behind the Gluten-Free Trend?
- Going Gluten Free? Necessary for Some, Optional for Others