Disorders That Disrupt Sleep (Parasomnias): Parasomnias are sleep problems that significantly disrupt the lives of those who suffer them. Parasomnias include speech and movements during sleep, sleep walking, night terrors, sleep paralysis , and abnomalities in the natural stages of sleep, among other problems. These problems are diagnosed through polysomnography (sleep testing), and can be treated with a combination of medications, sleep hygiene depending on the particular disorder.
Whiplash Whiplash is a nonmedical term used to describe neck pain following an injury to the soft tissues of your neck (specifically ligaments, tendons, and muscles).
Expert Views and News
- Insomnia Common But Often Short-Lived
- Study: Weekend Sleep-Ins May Help You Live Longer
- Nobel Prize Winners Unlocked Your Sleep Secrets
- Shorter Sleep Tied to Higher Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Sleep Disorders in Pregnancy Link to Preterm Birth
- Sleep Loss May Boost False Memories
- FDA OKs First Device for Restless Legs Syndrome