Drug Overdose: Overdoses of drugs or chemicals can be either accidental or intentional. Drug overdoses occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose. Overdose is often a cause of death, coma, or other injury with heroin and other drugs commonly abused.
Expert Views and News
- Safety Concerns Trigger Naloxone Recall
- Docs Underestimate Their Opioid Prescriptions
- Approval of Lofexidine for Opioid Withdrawal
- US Opioid Overdose Epidemic Getting Worse
- Vomiting Syndrome on the Rise in Heavy Pot Smokers
- What Is Kratom? Why Does the DEA Want to Ban It?
- CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioid Painkillers
- Drug Overdose Deaths Hit Record Numbers
- Heroin Epidemic in the United States
- Prescription Painkiller Epidemic Among Women
- Parents Can Influence Teens Drug Use
- Chronic Abuse of Prescription Drugs Skyrocketing
- 40 U.S. Deaths a Day from Prescription Painkillers