E. coli Infection

What were your symptoms of E. coli infection? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Cally S, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

It started one evening when I had some strange feeling cramps in my tummy. Then about an hour later the diarrhea began. The following morning my diarrhea was just blood. Stomach cramps and constant tummy pain was horrendous. I am on day 4 of E. coli infection now with not much sign of improvement.

Comment from: Lulu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 16

My symptoms of E. coli infection came on fast; horrific stomach cramps and bloody diarrhea. It lasted about 4 days. I never went to the hospital, but my coworker and I shared lunch, and she was diagnosed with E. coli. One of the worst weeks of my life.

Comment from: Suzy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

My symptoms were unusual. I had a high fever of 103-104 and on the third day it went up to 104.5! My body hurt so badly and my head felt like it was going to blow up. I was hospitalized with a bloody urinary tract infection but it didn't hurt at all. It was E. coli. I had to stay in hospital for just over three weeks. I went home for two weeks and was readmitted for 17 more days for IV hydration and meds. It's been terrible.

Comment from: Sick_chick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

Mine came on really quickly with horrific stomach pains and diarrhea. I tried to vomit but couldn't. It lasted all day and I couldn't move at all if I wanted to avoid pain. Vegemite on dry toast and Gatorade helped ease cramping.

QUESTION

Pancreatitis is inflammation of an organ in the abdomen called the pancreas. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW