Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing)
Dysphagia means difficulty swallowing. Odynophagia means painful swallowing. Sometimes it is not easy for individuals to distinguish between these two problems. For example, food that sticks in the esophagus can be painful. Is this dysphagia or odynophagia or both? Technically it is dysphagia, but individuals may describe it as painful swallowing (odynophagia).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Related Resources
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Articles
- Will Impacted Ear Wax Fix Itself?
- Can Tinnitus Go Away on Its Own?
- How Long Does an Ear Infection Last?
- What Not to Eat When You Have Meniere's
- Meniere's Disease Vs. Lupus
- Is Getting Your Tonsils Removed a Major Surgery?
- 15 Home Remedies for Tonsil Stones
- How Do You Get Rid of Tonsil Stones in Kids?
- Should You Remove Tonsil Stones?
- What Is the Best Antibiotic for Ear Infections?
- What Are Hearing Aids Used For?
- Strep Throat
- Middle Ear Infection
- Earwax (Excess Buildup and Blockage)
- Meniere's Disease
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Medications
- ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic (Ciprodex) (Ciprodex)
- ciprofloxacin and hydrocortisone (otic) (Cipro HC) (Cipro HC)
- ciprofloxacin otic (Cetraxal, Otiprio) (Cetraxal)
- ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic, Floxin Otic Singles) (Floxin Otic)
- acetic acid (otic) (Acetasol, Vasotate, Vosol) (Acetasol)
- carbamide peroxide (otic) (Auraphene-B, Auro Ear Drops, Carbamide Peroxide Otic) (Auraphene-B, Auro Ear Drops, Debrox and more)
- acetic acid and hydrocortisone (otic) (Acetasol HC, Earsol-HC, Oticot HC) (Acetasol HC)
- acetic acid and aluminum acetate otic (Borofair, Domeboro Otic, Star-Otic) (Domeboro Otic, Star-Otic)
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Images and Slideshows
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Quizzes
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions News
- FDA Allows Sales of First Self-Fitting Hearing Aid
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Antibiotics: 10 Days More Effective Than 5
- Hearing Loss Prevalence Declining in Segments
- Improving Hearing Aid Accessibility
- Experts: Screen More Kids for Middle Ear Fluid
- Unapproved Prescription Ear Drop Products
- Tinnitus Relief: Therapy Mix Helps Ringing in Ears
- Adele's Grammy Comeback After Vocal Cord Surgery
- Hearing Loss Is High, but Hearing Aid Use Is Low
- Ear Infections: Antibiotics Often Not Needed
- Roller-Coaster Ride Could Affect Your Ears