Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing)
Dysphagia means difficulty swallowing. Odynophagia means painful swallowing. Sometimes it is not easy for individuals to distinguish between these two problems. For example, food that sticks in the esophagus can be painful. Is this dysphagia or odynophagia or both? Technically it is dysphagia, but individuals may describe it as painful swallowing (odynophagia).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Related Resources
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Articles
- What Does It Mean When Your Ear and Tongue Hurt?
- Meniere's Disease vs. Lupus
- What Is Presbycusis and What Causes It?
- What Happens If You Don’t Treat a Sinus Infection?
- How Do You Clear Up an Ear Infection?
- What Does the Start of a Sinus Infection Feel Like?
- Strep Throat
- What Dissolves Ear Wax Fast?
- What Are the Symptoms of an Ear Infection in Adults?
- Meniere's Disease
- What Are the Main Causes of Ringing in the Ears?
- How Do I Get the Ringing Out of My Ears?
- Middle Ear Infection
- Hearing Loss
- Swimmer's Ear (Otitis Externa)
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions Medications
- ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic (Ciprodex, Ciprofloxacin-Dexamethasone) (Ciprodex)
- ciprofloxacin and hydrocortisone (otic) (Cipro HC) (Cipro HC)
- ciprofloxacin otic (Cetraxal, Otiprio) (Cetraxal)
- ofloxacin otic (Floxin Otic, Floxin Otic Singles) (Floxin Otic)
- acetic acid (otic) (Acetasol, Vasotate, Vosol) (Acetasol)
- carbamide peroxide (otic) (Auraphene-B, Auro Ear Drops, Carbamide Peroxide Otic) (Auraphene-B, Auro Ear Drops, Debrox and more)
- acetic acid and hydrocortisone (otic) (Acetasol HC, Earsol-HC, Oticot HC) (Acetasol HC)
- acetic acid and aluminum acetate otic (Borofair, Domeboro Otic, Star-Otic) (Domeboro Otic, Star-Otic)