Earache (Ear Pain)

Please describe your experience with earache. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Trisha, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

My left ear feels like it is constantly congested and needs to pop. When it does pop, it's extremely painful, feels like I'm being stabbed with an ice pick. It sounds like I'm listening to everything through a wall. On occasion I lose some hearing in the left ear and then I get a tinnitus-like ringing. I can't lie on my left side or cover my ear at all without pain. Every doctor and specialist I've seen said my ears are fine and they don't see anything wrong.

Comment from: Redrock, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I have earache and on the top of my cartilage in front of my right ear next to the ear canal there's a sore, and also scabbing, swelling, pain and drainage. There is also a crystal like scabbing that I peel off.

Comment from: Dhivya, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

My earache has been diagnosed as caused by fungal infection in my ear (otomycosis). I have undergone suction clearance, and they prescribed Otoflu eardrops and PCM 500 mg tablet stat. Since Otoflu is out of stock in my state I used alternative eardrops Nuflucon (antifungal agent), on 2nd day after the suction clearance, that ism from yesterday I started using it. I still have earache, that too at midnight. I wasn’t able to sleep in a single position. The pain is a pricking type. I don’t know when I will get rid of this!

Comment from: Lisa M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 16

My ears have a constant dull ache and itchiness. If I don't use a neck pillow at night to create some space between my ear and pillow, I wake up with excruciating pain in my ear. Also if I go outside for a walk, the cool air causes them to ache very badly like brain freeze when eating ice cream but it's in both ears. Even when I'm indoors my ears still hurt as well and they are always itchy. Doctors cannot pinpoint a cause. I guess I just have to live with it.

Comment from: Maria, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I was prescribed an antibiotic for my earache, but many ear infections are misdiagnosed and do not need antibiotics so I'm afraid I'll do more damage than good. I read that eucalyptus oil can help, but I'm not sure if I should try it. I might cause more pain for myself.

Comment from: Ruth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I have pain in right ear, but my doctor says that he cannot find anything wrong with it.

Comment from: Hasin, (Patient) Published: July 13

I am suffering from severe pain in my ear for the last two days. My year got infected 3 or 4 times in the last four years, and there is something like soft waste from left ear and secretion of dry substance from both ear day after day. It seems to be waste in both ears. I am so much tensed about my ear condition. Doctor said that there is a chance to rupture my tympanic membrane of left ear.

Comment from: Pat Owen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

For about a month it kind of felt like there has been a bug in my ear but never pain. Now there is a little swelling by my neck close to my ear. I am going to the doctor tomorrow but worried now.

Comment from: Naomi, 25-34 (Patient) Published: November 07

I've been experiencing swelling on the inside of my ear. It is painful and I can hardly lie on it. I tried cleaning with an earbud, and when I take the ear bud out, it's wet.

Comment from: Kriss, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have had a dull earache off and on for at least a year. The doctor never sees anything and says I have no ear wax, but I have never had much earwax. Sometimes my ears feel slightly plugged, and I have ringing in my ears most days. Some days the ringing is more noticeable than others. I have no toothaches (have heard tooth problems can cause ear pain).

Comment from: Liam, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

I woke up at three in the morning and my inner ear in my left ear really hurt. I took some ibuprofen and I'm just waiting it out. I leave for Istanbul in one day and I don't want this to be an infection.

SLIDESHOW