Earache (Ear Pain)

What treatment was effective for your earache? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: alan818, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 22

Breast milk drops in each ear and both pain and hear loss was gone in minutes.

Comment from: Emily F., 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

We have 5 children and they all had ear problems growing up. We have used a product called Ear Ease for over 20 years that is awesome. It is a special hot water bottle that you fill with hot water and hold around the ear. It heats up the middle ear where the tube is that gets plugged when there is an infection, and opens it up. When it opens, the pain goes away instantly. We take them with us every time we fly. We got ours as a gift years ago but just searched online and bought three more for my daughters who are 2 year old. I wish they sold these in stores. What a God send when you or your child have ear pain.

Comment from: Elma, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 31

The doctor have me some liquid antibiotic. I put it in my child's ears for 10 days. It did not help at all.

Published: April 05

I had an earache due to an ear infection. I went to the doctor and got a prescription antibiotic ear drops.

Comment from: rlowe1636, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 19

I put two drops of pure tea tree oil in my ear every 4 to 6 hours and the earache started to clear in one day! It's natural and has an antibiotic property.

Kasper, D., et al. "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine." McGraw-Hill Education/Medical. 19th edition. 2015.