Viewer Comments: Eczema - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eczema:

Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with eczema.

Comment from: Eczema suferer, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I do suffer with eczema, but only in the inside of the calves on both legs, with terrible itchiness. I noticed it gets better or not itch so strongly when I eat periodically papaya and sometimes even apply a chunk directly to the zone.

Comment from: Gigi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I first had eczema when I was a junior in high school. I had it on every finger and it got so bad that I could hardly type in my business classes. The eczema would itch and have very small blisters. When I would pop them, they would spread. It was a horrible experience. I did not let anyone see my palms. It got so bad I went to my doctor and he said they were infected and prescribed antibiotics. It took some time to get it under control.

Comment from: mmeadb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I have found that eating fruit in normal amounts causes flare-ups. When I limit fruit to zero and no tomatoes or milk, I have very little problems.

Must Read Articles Related to Eczema

Asthma
Asthma Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages of the learn more >>
Contact Dermatitis
Contact Dermatitis Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eczema:

Eczema - Causes

What causes your eczema to flare up?

Eczema - Symptoms and Signs

What are your eczema symptoms and signs?

Eczema - Effective Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your eczema?