Electrocardiogram (ECG, EKG)

Please describe your experience with an electrocardiogram (ECG). Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ruth, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

In my electrocardiogram (ECG) all lines were normal except two, and these two lines looked like a half moon under lines all the way across. Nurse just told me it was abnormal and I needed to see a heart doctor. I have had no medical problems prior to this.

Comment from: amit48, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 26

My ECG shows ‘incomplete RBBB'. I am trying to find out the implication and remedial measure.

Comment from: gail, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

When I was 31, I had ECG abnormalities. I was told I had angina. I took medication for ten years. I had an angiogram, which showed no closing of arteries.

Comment from: lucy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I am a 27-year-old women and I am moderately active. I eat a healthy diet and I am a non-smoker. Over the last few weeks I noticed a chest pain and it gradually became more and more painful. I went to visit my doctor and had an ECG. I was fine. My doctor asked me to get on treadmill and start walking. The ECG went crazy. The doctor told me not to worry that sometimes ECG can give misleading results. They then scheduled me to a nuclear test.

Comment from: a bit worried, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I am female, age 55. I have had no previous heart problems known. I had an ECG due to upper back through to chest pain heaviness in chest area. ECG result cardiologist said the ECG is not perfect for your age. He says he is not overly worried but wants me to have a nuclear scan and stress test.

I am a non-smoking, moderately active 40 year old woman, and after an unusual of minor chest pain, was referred by my doctor to take an exercise stress test (treadmill). They hooked me up with 6 leads and my resting ECG was normal. But when I stood up and got on the treadmill the ECG readings went haywire before I even started walking, although nothing was wrong with me and I felt fine. The cardiologist said that this type of test gives inaccurate readings for some women, but did not say why. He immediately cancelled the test and sent me on my way. I have been rescheduled for a nuclear test in a few weeks.

IMAGES