Electroencephalography (EEG)

What did your EEG results reveal? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Benjie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

I had a sleep driven EEG and found out that there were traces of epilepsy, but the doctor didn't want to give me medication if I didn't need it. He said this is all because I got drunk last Christmas, passed out, and my body went stiff. I was told if it happens again to just phone an ambulance. Well, it won't happen because I'm not drinking as I want to get my license back. Also the trace went back to 17 years ago.

Comment from: Conniec, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 19

My EEG results revealed abnormality in the awake, drowsy and asleep states due to the presence of rare left anterior temporal sharp wave with maxima f7 and rare wide field anterior sharp wave, and frequent polymorphic theta range slowing in the left temporal region suggestive of a moderate focal cerebral dysfunction in this region.

Comment from: sssscc, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 27

My EEG results revealed diffuse slowing of the background electrical activity of my brain. I am worried.

Medically reviewed by Avrom Simon, MD; Board Certified Preventative Medicine with Subspecialty in Occupational Medicine

Aminoff, Michael J. Electrodiagnosis in Clinical Neurology. 3rd ed. Harcourt Health Sciences Group, 1992.

Emerson, R. G. and T. A. Pedley. Neurology in Clinical Practice Vol. 1. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2000.

Luders, H. and S. Noachtar. Atlas and Classification of Electroencephalography. WB Saunders, 1999.

Niedermeyer, E. and F. L. Da Silva. Electroencephalography: Basic Principles, Clinical Applications and Related Fields. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 1999.