Endometrial Cancer

What were your symptoms of endometrial cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Beth, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I'm not sure if I have cervical cancer or endometrial cancer. Four months ago, I started having crazy discharge, so I got tested for STDs. All negative. I finally went to a gynecologist because antibiotics helped but didn't stop the discharge. Came back as HSIL (high grade squamous intraepithelial lesion). My periods have been normal, and I haven't had sex in about 5 months, so I don’t know if I bleed after sex. I felt my cervix, and it is very abnormal. I have not had bleeding between periods. Just crazy discharge. My period now has turned black.

Comment from: Mjh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I have had sore breasts for a couple of months. I have had pelvic pain and woke up this morning spotting. Don't know what to think and worried about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Granny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I am 39. I had cervical cancer 10 years ago, also endometriosis, cysts and fibroids. I had hysterectomy because of this. I was diagnosed with SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) 2 weeks ago. I have been sick lately, and assuming an SLE flare up. My kidneys got tested and they are great. However I went to the restroom tonight and there was a tissue-like substance blood colored mixed in my urine. I am freaked out worrying about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Scared, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had been extremely tired for several weeks, unusually tired and I instinctively felt sick. Next, I woke up one morning spotting. I lost my appetite, felt nauseous and was losing weight, and had pelvic pain, bloated belly, and frequent urination. I called the doctor who got me right in. Did exam, ultrasound and biopsy and found I have endometrial cancer, and I will have a complete hysterectomy on 3.22.19. Spotting lasted only 5 days; not sure if this is common. Hoping this hasn't spread. Family history of Lynch syndrome has me quite scared.

Comment from: Eileen , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I'm having bleeding after 13 years. I'm 60 year old and a little worried. I've never had children, and before my menopause, problems with periods. I'm awaiting an appointment to have a scan and biopsies. Worried about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: 31, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I'm 31. I started having severe cramps and pain radiating through my pelvis. I had prolonged bleed of 6 plus weeks and lost a clot the size of the palm of my hand (literally). I still had pain, and went for a smear test, told it was cervical ectropion. I went back to the general physician as pain hadn't subsided, had an internal ultrasound which picked up that the endometrial lining was coming away and there was a buildup of fluid in that cavity. I am awaiting urgent referral to the gynecologist consultant... but am extremely worried about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Lee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I have been postmenopausal for 10 years and started spotting first a few days ago. Later that night I had a lot of clear discharge with some blood and that has continued for a few days. I have vaginal discomfort and just not feeling well. I went to the doctor today and she did a biopsy of the endometrial tissue to check for endometrial cancer and a transvaginal ultrasound. Now I wait…

Comment from: Tyty1970, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I am 49 and in menopause 2 years. I spotted for 3 days and cramped for 3 more. Doctor said maybe hormone surge, but I need a biopsy and the wait is 2 months. My appointment is 12-31-19. He said visually cervix looks healthy and uterus felt normal size. This is making me crazy because I am worried about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Ty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I am not sure I am in the right place, but I am worried if I have endometrial cancer. I am 49 years old, and my last period was August of 2017. Six days ago I noticed some brownish blood in my pants. For the next 3 days it fluctuated from brown to red regularly only filling a panty liner. The 'bleeding’ stopped 3 days ago but the cramping and lower back pain have not. My right loin aches. I went to the emergency room 6 days ago and it said everything looked unremarkable. I went to the gynecologist today which is a new facility for me and he said my cervix appeared abnormal.

Comment from: Denise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

I'm 48 years old, I haven't had a period for 2 years, and I started bleeding this morning. I'm cramping really bad, my breasts are hurting, and I have a headache. I am worried about endometrial cancer.

SLIDESHOW

Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore See Slideshow
Comment from: Patti, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I am in menopause. I started bleeding with low back and pelvic pain. No appetite. I am scheduled for a transverse ultrasound in ten days. I very scared that it might be endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Shellybean, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I have had pain with sex for quite some time but just thought it was due to me being older and not having my period for a year. I’m almost 53 and have had intermittent vaginal bleeding. Sometimes bright red and other times dark brownish red. Sometimes a panty liner was needed and sometimes just when I wipe. I had frequent urination, pelvic pressure, and pain in lower back. I thought maybe I had an infection. But those tests came back negative. I have a vaginal ultrasound on Tuesday to check for endometrial cancer.

Comment from: just mj, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I am experiencing skin rash flare ups, on upper arms, and stomach; I am irritated as well. I started spotting about 2 weeks ago, now I am bleeding some and have discharge. In menopause now for over 3 years and have an appointment soon. But I am nervous reading these posts on endometrial cancer.

Comment from: pappy1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I am post menopause and have had no bleeding, just painful sex. I went to my doctor and she did a sonogram. Then they quickly did a biopsy. I don't know what to think and am worried about endometrial cancer. No bleeding at all like everyone else. I am waiting for the results.

Comment from: Butterflywings , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago due to very heavy periods and other issues but I still have my ovaries. Tonight I went to use the bathroom and as I wiped there was blood. I did it again and more blood, I repeated a couple more times and even more blood. I’m so scared, I think I need to see the gynecologist and test for cancer.

Comment from: Tess, 55-64 (Patient) Published: June 24

I am of age 54. I got menopause at 48, now I have bleeding for days. I am worried about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Hondo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I am almost 53. I haven't had a period for a year. The past month I have had painful sex. And for about 2 months very sore breast. Now I'm spotting very light pink blood. I am concerned about endometrial cancer.

Comment from: Shelby s., Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I was told I have endometrial cancer. My doctor did a test and it was found on November 5th. I see a specialist on what they are going to do. I hope that it hasn't spread anywhere else. Hysterectomy may take care of it.

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I was 63, and woke up one morning to spots of blood in my underwear. At that time, I had not had a period for seven years. A friend said to wait for a month, but mother had several bouts with different cancers, so I had a biopsy. A week later they said it was a 'low grade cancer' and I needed to see a specialist. I saw a specialist four days later, and 3 days after that, I had a hysterectomy. I was told it was a stage 1-A, not into the muscle or any other part of my abdomen. I did undergo chemo as an insurance policy. They tell me that I am cancer free!

Comment from: bentersmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I went through menopause at the age of 47. I am now 55. I was at work and felt a discharge. I went to the restroom and noticed a slight discharge with some very small brown blood spotting. I waited a few weeks then called my OB/GYN and spoke to the nurse. She said don't worry about it till it happens again but I felt a heaviness in my pelvic area. I'm the back of my mind I knew something wasn't right. As it turns out, I had stage 1 grade 1 cancer. I had a robotic hysterectomy and thank goodness it did not spread.

Comment from: vberling, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I went through my life having only one or two periods a year. Then in January 2012 I had a period that never stopped. Unfortunately I didn't have insurance, so didn't see a doctor until May. She performed an aspiration biopsy and found per-cancerous cells. I then went in for a D&C, and the labs came back adenocarcinoma. I am scheduled for a full robotic hysterectomy on August 23, at which time they will see if it has spread. I'm only 45 and very scared.

Comment from: Intrepid, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I had irregular and occasional vaginal bleeding long after menopause.

Comment from: zander225, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I had a D&C in January for some light pink spotting. No cancer found. Two months later it all started again. This time they say FIGO Grade 2 endometrial cancer. I had some slight cramping but nothing else. I was faithful with yearly Paps, but apparently that only detects cervical cancer. I never knew that. I’m waiting for my oncology appointment next week.

Comment from: Momma girl, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 10

Mom is 84 with uterine cancer. She won't seek treatment.

Comment from: Kath, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I had no symptoms at all. I was treated in the past for fibroids and endometriosis and this was discovered during a laparoscopy for a pain in my right side. Pap was negative. He did hysteroscopy and lap with a polyp removal (benign) and then told me I had stage 1 endometrial cancer. I went in for robotic assisted hysterectomy and the cancer was in one lymph node. I will be starting chemo. I was totally shocked.

Comment from: Kath, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

I have bleeding post-menopause. Eight months later I’m having with periods of heavy bleeding and I went back to the doctor and asked if normal and was told absolutely not. Had biopsy and diagnosed with stage I endometrial cancer. I feel blessed it's not worse. I should have known better and I should have gotten looked at a long time ago.

Comment from: oh no, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I noticed a spot of blood in the commode. My GYN did a sonogram and then hysteroscopy and it showed stage 1 cancer. I just had a hysterectomy and it came back at stage 11. I will need radiation.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was 58 and had my period until I was 56. Then nothing for almost 2 years and then I had some light pink discharge which then progressed to a watery discharge over a period of about 4 or 5 months. Most distinctive was an odor that was present even an hour after showering. I had a normal pap. I had an ultrasound which showed that the lining of my uterus was 40 times the normal thickness. 2 months later I had a total hysterectomy. That was 18 months ago and I feel good but I am anxious every time I go for follow-up. My cancer was a grade 3, which makes it more likely to reoccur.

Comment from: dosido, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I have just recently been diagnosed. Initially, I had a very slight pinkish discharge, mostly after urinating. I associated the bleeding with that. The second time was a week ago. The most overwhelming symptom was unexplainable tiredness. I was unable to accomplish very, very little. I went to my primary care doctor who took blood work and did a urinalysis. Results came back showing nothing like anemia or infection. I then went to a scheduled appointment with my rheumatologist who had just gone through a breast cancer episode and told me that she had experienced that same kind of exhaustion. She urged me to get it checked out. I did. It’s stage 2 endometrial cancer. I will see surgeon at the end of the week and, hopefully, have a total hysterectomy and removal of lymph nodes early the following week. It is the waiting that is so very difficult.

Comment from: suziq, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I was almost menopausal, so I thought that the excessive bleeding that I was experiencing was normal for menopause. My bleeding was a lot at first. Then the number of days was longer than a normal menstrual cycle. It would last for two weeks, then stop for a week, then reoccur for another week, then stop, on and on. It felt as if I was on a period more days than off. A good friend of mine told me that it just wasn't normal, to go in to see my gynecologist. I did, and the found a large polyp that needed to be removed in the hospital because of its size.

Comment from: j9bythesea, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

It started with some pinkish discharge and little light pink clots over 2 months ago. It progressed to heavier flow and awful big ugly clots and bright red blood. I had experienced the exact same thing seven yrs ago when I was 50, and it dissipated on its own after 2months, so I figured this was more of the same. Both times, the pap smears were normal (which goes to show you don't trust a good Pap report). But this time, I just had that feeling of "You better get this checked out," thinking it might be polyps or fibroids. Thank goodness I did. I’m awaiting my first visit with the Oncology/Gyn and hope to have surgery for this stage 1 CA very soon.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW