Is Erectile Dysfunction on The Rise During COVID-19 Lockdown?: Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is not a typical symptom of COVID-19, the disease caused by the pandemic coronavirus. COVID is known to cause blood clots, which can reduce blood flow to the penis. However, experts believe there are more factors at play that are resulting in erectile dysfunction during the quarantine and lockdowns, such as stress, fatigue, anxiety, depression, excess alcohol consumption, and smoking more than usual.
Must Read Articles:
CoronavirusCoronaviruses are very common and typical cause cold-like symptoms. There are seven coronaviruses that infect humans, with SARS, MERS, and COVID-19 being the most notable of the seven. However, COVID-19 (Wuhan coronavirus, 2019 novel coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV) appears to be more contagious than MERS or SARS and appears to not only spread via respiratory secretions, but it may also spread through fecal contamination.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention TipsSevere acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the virus that causes COVID-19. Reduce your risk of infection with the following tips: wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; avoid touching your face if your hands aren't washed; practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention Tips Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the virus that causes COVID-19. Reduce your risk of infection with the following tips: wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; avoid touching your face if your hands aren't washed; practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet).
Expert Views and News
- Guidance for Elders With Diabetes During COVID
- Tips on Getting Quality Sleep During COVID
- 19 States Report Increase in COVID-19 Cases
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 Spread Deemed 'Rare'
- COVID Cases Rise in South and West Amid Protests
- Claims of a Weaker COVID-19 Virus Disputed
- Distancing Works, N95 Respirators Work Better
- 10% With Diabetes Hospitalized for COVID-19 Die
- COVID-19 Reopening: What's the Risk?
- Can You Get COVID-19 Through Your Eyes?
- COVID-19 vs. Flu: Blood Clots in Lungs
- FDA Alert on Accuracy of Rapid Test for COVID-19
- Vitamin D: A Low-Hanging Fruit in COVID-19?
- COVID Pediatric Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome
- COVID-19 Transmission to Household Members
- 500 TSA Employees Test Positive for COVID-19
- When COVID-19 Mutates, What Are the Risks?
- Blood Clotting, Strokes in Young Adults With COVID
- The Road Ahead With COVID-19
- The COVID-19 At-Home Test Kit Approved
- What Will Antibody Testing Tell Us About COVID-19?
- Where Did the COVID-19 Virus Come From?
- Higher Mortality Rate in Ventilated COVID-19 Patients
- Chloroquine, Zinc, Vitamins to Prevent COVID-19
- CDC Issues New COVID-19 Return-to-Work Guidelines
- Doctors Puzzle Over COVID-19 Lung Problems
- COVID-19: Red Cross Wants Blood Plasma Antibodies
- Anti-Parasite Drug Ivermectin Stunts COVID-19
- What If a COVID-19 Test Is Negative?
- COVID-19 'Infodemic': Coronavirus Misinformation
- COVID-19: More Hydroxychloroquine Data From France
- 'Stealth Transmission' of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Is Hydroxychloroquine the Answer?
- CDC Expert Answers Top COVID-19 Questions
- Warning Against NSAID Use in Coronavirus
- 'Overwhelming' Number of COVID-19 Cases Expected
- Dialysis Should Continue Despite COVID-19; CDC
- Some Could Show COVID-19 Symptoms After Quarantine
- Flood of COVID-19 Patients Could Swamp Hospitals
- Public Health Restrictions for COVID-19