Pinkeye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost transparent covering of the white of the eye and the inside of the eyelids) in the eye. This inflammation may lead to redness, tearing, discharge, itching, and pain. Pinkeye is also called conjunctivitis.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Eye & Vision Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Eye & Vision Health Related Resources
Eye & Vision Health Articles
- How Can I Improve My Eye Health?
- Can You Be Around Someone with Pink Eye?
- Is Eye Twitching a Vitamin Deficiency?
- Stye vs. Pink Eye: Differences
- Can GI Issues Cause Eye Problems?
- Retinal Detachment
- Can Pink Eye Be Caused by Stress?
- How Long Does Covid Pink Eye Last?
- What Kinds of Infections Are Found in the Eyes?
- How Can You Tell If You Have a Lazy Eye?
- How Do You Treat an Eye Infection?
- Does a Lazy Eye Affect Vision?
- How Can I Fix My Lazy Eye?
- What Does an Infection in the Eye Look Like?
- Dry Eye Syndrome
Eye & Vision Health Medications
- bepotastine ophthalmic (Bepreve) (Bepreve)
- besifloxacin ophthalmic (Besivance) (Besivance)
- difluprednate ophthalmic (Durezol) (Durezol)
- azithromycin ophthalmic (AzaSite) (AzaSite)
- triamcinolone (intravitreal) (Triesence, Xipere) (Triesence, Trivaris Intravitreal)
- ranibizumab (ophthalmic) (Lucentis) (Lucentis)
- fluocinolone ophthalmic implant (Iluvien, Retisert, Yutiq) (Retisert)
- bromfenac (ophthalmic) (Bromday, BromSite, Prolensa) (Xibrom)
- loteprednol and tobramycin (ophthalmic) (Zylet) (Zylet)
- pegaptanib ophthalmic injection (Macugen) (Macugen)
- brimonidine and timolol ophthalmic (Combigan) (Combigan)
- tetrahydrozoline and zinc ophthalmic (Irritation and Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Totality) (Irritation & Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Multi-Symptom Relief)
- moxifloxacin ophthalmic (Vigamox)
- gatifloxacin ophthalmic (Zymaxid) (Zymar)
- cyclosporine ophthalmic (Cequa, Klarity-C, Restasis) (Restasis)
Eye & Vision Health Images and Slideshows
- Eye Health: Eye Mistakes You Might Be Making
- Macular Degeneration
- Eyeglasses and Frames: Glasses for Presbyopia, Sunglasses, Eye Problems
- Eye Health: How to Relieve Tired Eyes
- Eye Health: Reasons for Droopy Eyelids
- Eye Health: Worst Foods for Your Eyes
- Cataracts Causes, Symptoms, Vision Tests, and Surgery
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Recognize These Common Eye Problems
- LASIK Eye Surgery: Better Vision with Laser Surgery
- What Is Glaucoma? Symptoms, Treatment, Definition
- Eye Health: 11 Tips for Healthy Eyesight
- Eye Health: Why Are My Eyes Watery?
- Eye Health: What Your Eye Symptoms May Mean
- Eye Health: Foods, Vitamins and Nutrients to Improve Eyesight
Eye & Vision Health Quizzes
Eye & Vision Health News
- How Can the US Improve Access to Eyeglasses?
- Alcohol Consumption Linked to Reduced Cataract Risk
- FDA OKs First Contact Lens to Slow Myopia in Children
- Can You Inherit a Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)?
- What Not to Eat if You Have Glaucoma
- Man Who Led FDA Team to Approve LASIK Now Says It Was a Mistake
- Can Amblyopia (Lazy Eye) Be Corrected?
- FDA Clears New Treatment for Dry Eye (Cequa)
- A Daily Orange May Reduce AMD Risk, Study Finds
- FDA OKs First Transitional Contacts That Darken in Sunlight
- Is It Painful to Remove Cataracts?
- How Long Does It Take to Remove a Cataract?
- What Happens if You Do Not Get Cataracts Removed?
- What Are the Early Signs of Macular Degeneration?
- Can You Reverse Macular Degeneration?