Pinkeye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost transparent covering of the white of the eye and the inside of the eyelids) in the eye. This inflammation may lead to redness, tearing, discharge, itching, and pain. Pinkeye is also called conjunctivitis.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Eye & Vision Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Eye & Vision Health Related Resources
Eye & Vision Health Articles
- How Is Entropion Treated?
- Are Eye Flashes and Floaters Harmless?
- Eye Herpes
- Sty (Stye)
- What Do Watering Eyes Indicate?
- What Causes Keratitis in the Eye?
- How Can I Improve My Eye Health?
- Can You Be Around Someone with Pink Eye?
- Is Eye Twitching a Vitamin Deficiency?
- Stye vs. Pink Eye: Differences
- Can GI Issues Cause Eye Problems?
- Retinal Detachment
- Can Pink Eye Be Caused by Stress?
- How Long Does Covid Pink Eye Last?
Eye & Vision Health Medications
- bepotastine ophthalmic (Bepreve) (Bepreve)
- besifloxacin ophthalmic (Besivance) (Besivance)
- difluprednate ophthalmic (Durezol) (Durezol)
- azithromycin ophthalmic (AzaSite) (AzaSite)
- triamcinolone (intravitreal) (Triesence, Xipere) (Triesence, Trivaris Intravitreal)
- ranibizumab (ophthalmic) (Lucentis) (Lucentis)
- fluocinolone ophthalmic implant (Iluvien, Retisert, Yutiq) (Retisert)
- bromfenac (ophthalmic) (Bromday, BromSite, Prolensa) (Xibrom)
- loteprednol and tobramycin (ophthalmic) (Zylet) (Zylet)
- pegaptanib ophthalmic injection (Macugen) (Macugen)
- brimonidine and timolol ophthalmic (Combigan) (Combigan)
- tetrahydrozoline and zinc ophthalmic (Irritation and Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Totality) (Irritation & Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Multi-Symptom Relief)
- moxifloxacin ophthalmic (Vigamox)
- gatifloxacin ophthalmic (Zymaxid) (Zymar)
- cyclosporine ophthalmic (Cequa, Klarity-C, Restasis) (Restasis)
Eye & Vision Health Images and Slideshows
- Keep Your Eyes Healthy With Macular Degeneration
- Eye Health: Eye Mistakes You Might Be Making
- Macular Degeneration
- Eyeglasses and Frames: Glasses for Presbyopia, Sunglasses, Eye Problems
- Eye Health: How to Relieve Tired Eyes
- Eye Health: Reasons for Droopy Eyelids
- Eye Health: Worst Foods for Your Eyes
- Cataracts Causes, Symptoms, Vision Tests, and Surgery
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Recognize These Common Eye Problems
- LASIK Eye Surgery: Better Vision with Laser Surgery
- What Is Glaucoma? Symptoms, Treatment, Definition
- Eye Health: 11 Tips for Healthy Eyesight
- Eye Health: Why Are My Eyes Watery?
- Eye Health: What Your Eye Symptoms May Mean
Eye & Vision Health Quizzes
Eye & Vision Health News
- What Not to Eat if You Have Glaucoma
- Can You Inherit a Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)?
- Can Amblyopia (Lazy Eye) Be Corrected?
- Can You Reverse Macular Degeneration?
- What Happens if You Do Not Get Cataracts Removed?
- What Are the Early Signs of Macular Degeneration?
- Is It Painful to Remove Cataracts?
- How Long Does It Take to Remove a Cataract?
- What Is the First Sign of Glaucoma?
- How Long Does it Take to Go Blind from Glaucoma?