Pinkeye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost transparent covering of the white of the eye and the inside of the eyelids) in the eye. This inflammation may lead to redness, tearing, discharge, itching, and pain. Pinkeye is also called conjunctivitis.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Eye & Vision Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Eye & Vision Health Related Resources
Eye & Vision Health Articles
- Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Chemical Eye Burns
- Bleeding in Eye (Hyphema)
- Eye Injuries
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Eye
- Eye Floaters
- Lens-Particle Glaucoma
- Eye Strain
- Subconjunctival Hemorrhage (Bleeding in Eye)
- Corneal Abrasion
- Sty (Stye)
- Eye Pain
- Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid)
- Eyelid Inflammation (Blepharitis)
Eye & Vision Health Medications
- bepotastine ophthalmic (Bepreve) (Bepreve)
- besifloxacin ophthalmic (Besivance) (Besivance)
- difluprednate ophthalmic (Durezol) (Durezol)
- azithromycin ophthalmic (AzaSite) (AzaSite)
- triamcinolone (intravitreal) (Triesence) (Triesence, Trivaris Intravitreal)
- ranibizumab (ophthalmic) (Lucentis) (Lucentis)
- fluocinolone ophthalmic implant (Iluvien, Retisert, Yutiq) (Retisert)
- bromfenac (ophthalmic) (Bromday, BromSite, Prolensa) (Xibrom)
- loteprednol and tobramycin (ophthalmic) (Zylet) (Zylet)
- pegaptanib ophthalmic injection (Macugen) (Macugen)
- brimonidine and timolol ophthalmic (Combigan) (Combigan)
- tetrahydrozoline and zinc ophthalmic (Irritation & Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Totality) (Irritation & Redness Relief, Visine A.C., Visine Multi-Symptom Relief)
- moxifloxacin ophthalmic (Vigamox)
- gatifloxacin ophthalmic (Zymaxid) (Zymar)
- cyclosporine ophthalmic (Cequa, Klarity-C, Restasis) (Restasis)
Eye & Vision Health Images and Slideshows
- Eye Health: Macular Degeneration
- Eye Health: Eye Mistakes You Might Be Making
- What Is Glaucoma? Symptoms, Treatment, Definition
- Eye Health: 11 Tips for Healthy Eyesight
- Eye Health: Why Are My Eyes Watery?
- Eye Health: What Your Eye Symptoms May Mean
- Eye Health: Foods, Vitamins and Nutrients to Improve Eyesight
- Pictures of Eyeglasses and Frames: Glasses for Presbyopia, Sunglasses, Eye Problems
- Picture of Farsightedness
- Picture of Nearsightedness
- Picture of Astigmatism
- Picture of Eye Allergies
- Picture of Keratoconus
- Picture of Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia on Eye
- Picture of Uveitis
Eye & Vision Health Quizzes
Eye & Vision Health News
- FDA OKs First Contact Lens to Slow Myopia in Children
- Can You Inherit a Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)?
- What Not to Eat if You Have Glaucoma
- Man Who Led FDA Team to Approve LASIK Now Says It Was a Mistake
- Can Amblyopia (Lazy Eye) Be Corrected?
- FDA Clears New Treatment for Dry Eye (Cequa)
- A Daily Orange May Reduce AMD Risk, Study Finds
- FDA OKs First Transitional Contacts That Darken in Sunlight
- Is It Painful to Remove Cataracts?
- How Long Does It Take to Remove a Cataract?
- What Happens if You Do Not Get Cataracts Removed?
- What Are the Early Signs of Macular Degeneration?
- Can You Reverse Macular Degeneration?
- How Long Does it Take to Go Blind from Glaucoma?
- What Is the First Sign of Glaucoma?