©2018 WebMD, Inc. All rights reserved. eMedicineHealth does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See Additional Information.

Ophthalmologist vs. Optometrist Topic Guide

Ophthalmologist vs. Optometrist Ophthalmologist vs. Optometrist: There are a number of different types of eye care providers. Depending on the eye problems you're suffering from you may need the services of an opthamologist or an optometrist, as well as members of associated eye care fields. Associated fields of expertise include opticians, ocularists, and ophthalmic technicians.

Must Read Articles:

Ophthalmologist vs. Optometrist Topic Guide - Visuals

Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes: