Fatigue

What was the cause of your fatigue? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

The cause of my fatigue is major depression disorder, thyroid nodules, and neuropathy.

Comment from: MedicalKP, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I have suffered from fatigue for many years and was recently diagnosed with lupus and Sjogren’s disease.

Comment from: mom73, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I am also plagued by severe fatigue. I have all kinds of blood work done and am now on a ferrous sulfate supplement and monthly B12 shots. Things have improved somewhat but my body still feels exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. I do work and keep busy. I have to push myself very hard to do so. I wish there was some help for this problem.

Comment from: sk, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

Feel listless all the time for last one year. Though my work does not involve much physical activity, yet by evening the exhaustion is so much that I do not feel like socializing but just wait for dinner and then in a hurry to go to sleep. I sleep for 7-8 hours but I wake up feeling exhausted.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 13

My job consists of unplanned, urgent delivery of care to pregnant women. I am unable to "regroup" once home. My sanctuary has been invaded by a person who refuses to leave. So, now I am completely burnt out after 3 years of this. Never give up your sanctuary!

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: September 26

I have had fatigue for as long as I can remember. It is not severe enough to stop me working, but it makes the quality of life very poor. I find it hard to start tasks and to follow them through. Social interactions are impacted because of the energy required to have a discussion. It is as though I am running on a flat battery. I have been on antidepressants for several years, which helped the depression enormously, but not the fatigue. I have sleep apnea, but although that was improved with a CPAP machine, it had no effect on the fatigue. I usually go to sleep easily and do not wake up during the night. I have had periods of insomnia at various times, but that is not correlated with the level of fatigue. At various times I have attributed it to studying (I have a higher degree), having kids (I have five, all now adults), and job stress (I have worked in several countries, and had moderate responsibilities). I like my job which is challenging and interesting. Although I am not wealthy, having been a single earner and putting kids through college, I am financially secure. So, I am unable to identify any real cause for the fatigue. Doctors I have talked to do not seem to know how to deal with it or even recognize it as being a problem. Perhaps I am just lazy...

Comment from: Lost still, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 17

It seems I have this fatigue all the time. By that I mean every day. My best day is 4 hours long and I must lie down. Generally I will fall asleep for 1-3 hours. I thought I slept real well but my wife says I talk fight and toss around. I am also very weak physically and don't know why. When I discuss with my doctor he doesn't say or do much. This has gone on for years and 4 doctors have not come up with a solution. I do have diabetes 2 and depression. Due to the above I am sure.

QUESTION