Expert Views and News
- NYC Doctor Diagnosed With Ebola
- Childhood Arthritis: Aggressive Treatment Better?
- West Nile Up 35%, but CDC Says Peak Has Passed
- New Vaccine Offers Some Protection Against Dengue
- Third Death in Yosemite Hantavirus Outbreak
- Plague FAQ
- Beyond Statistics: 2 Faces of West Nile Virus
- New Tick-Borne Disease: 'Heartland Virus'
- West Nile Virus Cases Continue to Climb
- Hantavirus FAQ
- West Nile Virus: Who's at Risk?
- West Nile Outbreak on Track to be Worst Ever
- Deaths in Salmonella Outbreak Traced to Cantaloupe
- Combo Vaccine May Raise Babies' Risk for Fever-Caused Seizures
- Germ-Infected Mosquitoes Can't Spread Dengue
- FDA OKs Test for Dengue Fever
- Flu: Most People With It Don't Stay Home
Fever (in Adults) Topic Guide - Visuals
Fever (in Adults) Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and a fever reducer...learn more »
Aspirin is in a group of drugs called salicylates. It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. Aspirin also reduces fever....learn more »
There are many brands and forms of acetaminophen available. Not all brands are listed on this leaflet...learn more »
Naproxen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Naproxen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body...learn more »