Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, dizziness, and intestinal disturbances. Treatment may involve acupuncture, massage, biofeedback, antidepressants, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Flexeril, and Mirapex.
Must Read Articles:
Chronic PainChronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common sources of chronic pain include headaches, back pain, and arthritis. There are several types of pain including general somatic pain, visceral pain, bone pain, muscle cramps, neuropathy, circulatory problems, and headache pain. Chronic pain may be managed with over-the-counter or prescription medications.
Hip PainThere are many causes of hip pain, such as arthritis, trauma, strains, sprains, and other conditions that cause referred hip pain. Hip pain can be sharp, sudden, gradual, or may come and go. Diagnosis and treatment of hip pain will depend upon the cause.
What Does a Fibromyalgia Attack Feel LikePain and stiffness all over the body, fatigue paired with insomnia, anxiety and depression and neurological symptoms are all characteristic of fibromyalgia. These may intensify during a fibromyalgia attack or flare.
Expert Views and News
- The Power of Flowers May Ease Fibromyalgia
- A Blood Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- Women's Sleep Problems Linked to Fibromyalgia Risk
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- Talk Therapy Plus Self-Help May Fight Pain
- Chronic Pain Therapy
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Fibromyalgia, Restless Legs Syndrome Overlap
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Sleeping Pill May Treat Fibromyalgia Pain
- Fibromyalgia Patients Prone to Falls
- Obesity May Raise Risk of Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia Gets Worse During Menstruation
- Fibromyalgia: Short Bursts of Activity May Help
- Antidepressants Help Treat Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Fibromyalgia Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Pregabalin is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing down impulses in the brain that cause seizures. Pregabalin also aff...learn more »
Duloxetine is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant (SSNRI).learn more »