Viewer Comments: Gallstones - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Treatment

What was the treatment for your gallstones?

Comment from: bloodblonde94, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I was diagnosed with gallstones in April of 2015 via ultrasound because of horrible upper stomach pain after eating fatty meals. I was sent to a surgeon who just suggested I remove the gallbladder. I have yet to do so, but my symptoms are worsening. I have had at least 2 major attacks where the upper stomach pain won't ease up for at least 30 minutes or longer, and I start sweating. These attacks happen mostly in the morning. Before I had any attacks, I would just get upper stomach and back pain (rib/shoulder blade area) after I ate or sometimes without eating at all, but it was relieved by sitting down and would go away. For my newer, severe attacks, I am currently trying apple cider vinegar (ACV). One tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water or whatever you prefer (I use Gatorade), seems to help a little bit. I am very much against surgery, especially since I have an enlarged liver for no apparent reason.

Comment from: Marc, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 13

To get rid of gallstones I decided to try the liver and gallbladder cleansing.

Comment from: kenny/t, 65-74 Male Published: October 09

I had open stomach operation for removal of gallbladder in 2011. The reason for open stomach operation was because I had adhesions from previous surgeries. Afterward, I was sent back to the ward. My blood pressure was dangerously low at 60/30. I was rushed back to theatre and opened up found to have internal bleeding. Packing was put in to stop bleeding, and I was sent back to ICU. The next day, I went back to theatre and opened up again to take packing out. I was opened up three times in two days and spent 10 days in hospital.

Must Read Articles Related to Gallstones

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Cirrhosis (Liver, Symptoms, Stages, and Diet)
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a scarring of the learn more >>
Pancreatitis (Symptoms, Diet, Treatment)
Pancreatitis Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas. There are two kinds of pancreatitis, acute and chronic. The primary causes of pancreatitis are learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Symptoms

For gallstones, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Gallstones - Causes

What was the cause of your gallstones?