Endoscopy

Please describe your experience with gastrointestinal endoscopy preparation. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Pain, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

After my gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy procedure at the same time, I have pain all over my ribs and in the middle of my back. The ribs on my right side is much more painful than on the left side. It's been a month now and the pain has not reduced. When I sleep on my sides the pain would increase. Since I cannot take pain medication due to stomach problem, I've been using lidocaine patches and Vick's VapoRub daily to alleviate the pain.

Comment from: Cynthia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I had gastrointestinal endoscopy done and had to have banding one year ago. I was just sore for 3 or 4 days in my throat and stomach when I started eating again. I recently had to go do recheck and another endoscopy, and again they had to band one more time. This time was horrible after the procedure in recovery. I couldn't breathe and oxygen was needed. Upon returning home my ribs felt like they were cracked, my throat and ears were so sore, and my stomach hurt bad like I did a massive workout of sit-ups. Took 16 days to heal!

Comment from: maggiew, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I have had an endoscopy done before but needed to have this done again because of stomach issues. I had it last Wednesday, and I felt fine after though very tired but good. By Thursday I had developed gas pain around my left shoulder, and pain down into the stomach. She found a hiatal hernia and lots of inflammation. I have been up every night from 3:00 not able to sleep, and this is the 7th day with these gas pains. I am so done feeling this way, I am calling the doctor today.

Comment from: Trudy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

After the endoscopy to test an esophageal node I had pain in my chest and felt like I had cracked ribs. When taking a breath it hurt like an injury inside. Now I have an infection in my chest and am wheezing.

QUESTION

GERD is the back up of stomach acid into the esophagus. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW