Viewer Comments: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - Results

Heartburn:Foods to Eat, Foods to Avoid

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endoscopy:

Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - Results

What were the results of your gastrointestinal endoscopy?

Comment from: pat, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was very scared of my endoscopy. I had it done today and was nowhere as bad as I thought and over very quickly. They sprayed my throat and I had a mild sedative but was aware of what was going on. No pain except for wind in my throat and the need to burp. They found nothing wrong and after an hour's rest I was allowed home. I would say to anyone not to be afraid of this procedure, in my experience. Doctors and nurses were all very sympathetic and treated me with great care.

Comment from: Naida, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

This was my second scope since I was diagnosed with Barrett's a year ago. My doctor was unable to move the scope into my esophagus not wanting to force the scope and cause injury.

Comment from: Brensen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

Mine resulted in a three- inch tear to my esophagus, pain, seven hours of surgery and a three week hospital stay.

Comment from: neet, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I was found to have Barrett's esophagus and will be having halo ablation to try to correct this and prevent the growth of cancer.

Comment from: JAYA CHANDRA RATH, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

My gastrointestinal endoscopy revealed GERD and erosive gastritis.

Must Read Articles Related to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy

Anatomy of the Digestive System
Anatomy of the Digestive System Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The learn more >>
Celiac Disease
Celiac Sprue Celiac disease (sometimes referred to as as celiac disease), gluten-sensitive enteropathy, and gluten-induced enteropathy is a chronic disease of the digestive ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endoscopy:

Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - Preparation

Please describe your experience with gastrointestinal endoscopy preparation.