Glaucoma

Do you have glaucoma? Tell us about your experience with glaucoma. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Bonny, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 03

My husband was diagnosed with glaucoma at 27 years of age. It seems to follow the male line in the family. My husband has lost the vision in his right eye and the left is declining. Our worry is when his sight goes (and we are told it will) if he will be in total blackness or if there will be some sight remaining like light and dark. He has been on drops since 27 (he is now 68 years old). We wonder what blindness will look like for him when his sight is gone.

Comment from: Ken, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I have had glaucoma for a year and a half. The doctor told me I caught it early. Six months later I get checked and it has gotten worse. My eye pressure is low. It stays around 10. The progression has been very quick. In a year and a half I have lost 95 percent of my vision in one eye and now the glaucoma has spread to the other eye. My doctor has sent me for another opinion. I got a brain scan and a neck CT. my next stop is the neurologist to see if I am getting blood to my brain.

SLIDESHOW