- Short height for child's age,
- Increased fat around the waist and in the face,
- Feeling upset about his or her height,
- The child may look younger than other children his or her age,
- Delayed onset of puberty, and
- Delayed tooth development.
Hypopituitaryism is a condition in which the small gland at the base of the brain doesn't produce enough hormones to signal production in the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, gonads, and others. The pituitary gland is essential in controlling the endocrine system. Symptoms of hypopituitaryism are varied, depending on the deficient hormone. Treatment includes hormone replacement therapy.