Hair Loss: Most people lose approximately 100 scalp hairs per day. Common causes of hair loss include female- and male-pattern baldness, alopecia areata, certain medications, and poor nutrition. Finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil (Rogaine) are commonly used in the treatment of hair loss.
Must Read Articles:
Hair Loss FAQs Answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQs) on hair loss. Separate the facts from the myths about how hair grows, why it stops; why some men and women go bald, and why others don't.
Expert Views and News
- Drug Restores Hair in Alopecia Patients: FAQ
- Hair Loss Treatments in the Pipeline
- Propecia, Proscar: New Sexual Dysfunction Warnings
- African-American Women Have Specific Hair Issues
- Male Pattern Baldness: New Root Cause Found?
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- Divorce, Heavy Drinking, Smoking Linked to Hair Loss
- New Clues to Aging
- FDA: Prostate Cancer Risk From BPH, Hair Drugs
- Robot Hair-Transplant Device Gets FDA Nod
- Genetic Roots of Type of Hair Loss
- Hair Loss Gene Is Identified