Head Injury (Brain Injury)

What is your experience with delayed symptoms of brain injury? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Nasar khan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I was hit by a motorcycle on a road and I couldn't remember what happened afterwards. My Friends told me I fell down on my back and my head hit the road where I went unconscious. I believe I was in coma for an hour or more and had blood vomiting cycles for days. Now it is more than 4 years since that injury and I believe I experience mood swings as my social circle complains frequently, and lack of concentration and motivation, lethargy and most notably aggression.

Comment from: sircobra, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 29

He is now seeing psychedelic signs and double vision, I am so worried that it is delayed symptom of brain injury.

Medically reviewed by Joseph Carcione, DO; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology

American Academy of Pediatrics.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injury Prevention & Control: Traumatic Brain Injury.

Stiel IG, et al. The Canadian CT Head Rule for Patients with Minor Head Injury. Lancet 2001;357:1391-96.

S.A. Schutzman, MD, P. Barnes MD, A. Duhaime, MD, D. Greenes, MD, C. Homer, MD, D. Jaffe, MD, R. J. Lewis, MD, PHD, T. G. Luerssen, MD, J. Schunk, MD; "Evaluation and Management of Children Younger Than Two Years Old With Apparently Minor Head Trauma: Proposed Guidelines." Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Vol. 107 No. 5

Wolfson AB. Harwood-Nuss' Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 2009.