Viewer Comments: Head Injury - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your head injury?

Comment from: head injury, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

When I was age 14 I was hit in the head with a baseball bat. I was taken to the hospital and they took x-ray and gave me pain medication. Now I am 51 years of age, I still have memory problems. Now I have ringing in my lift ear.

Comment from: The Contessa, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 11

Felt fine and normal, but heard loud crack at hitting of head against corner of bookcase. I had swelling near my forehead on the side. I applied ice, and the swelling subsided but hurts to touch. I went to urgent care next morning (this happened at midnight). The doctor felt my head all over and asked for various neurological "tests" such as squeezing her fingers, following her moving finger with eyes only and not moving head, touching her finger and my nose in rapid succession. No problems.

Comment from: tech, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I had an injury on the job. I work in a pharmacy and was sorting freight. I stepped over some sorting baskets to retrieve a large bottle that rolled out to the middle of the floor, lost my footing fell forward and sideways. I hit the right side of my head on a short wall next to one of the pharmacist's station. I was given an icepack for the pain. It has been four days. The only symptom I have been experiencing is an egg sized bump that is painful to the touch. My only concern is that I am on Plavix and low-dose aspirin.

Comment from: Brandy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I went to the hospital where I was asked to walk a straight line, asked if I lost consciousness, asked if I vomited or felt sick to my stomach, had the large bump looked and a light shone in my left while I looked up, down, left and right. It was stated that I shouldn't fly and then I was sent home.

Comment from: signdoctor01, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

Working at a job site I fell in to a ditch broke my shoulder. The ladder fell on my face cutting my chin open also hit my head and had some bleeding on the brain. It's been 11 days I have not seen a doctor. I'm having lots of pain in my back neck shoulder I can't pick my arms up it hurts bad and no one cares.

Must Read Articles Related to Head Injury

Alcohol Intoxication
Alcohol Intoxication Alcohol intoxication is defined as when the quantity of learn more >>
Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets Wearing a helmet while bicycle riding, motorcycle riding, or skiing can prevent severe head learn more >>
Bicycle Safety
Bicycle Safety Bicycling is both a common form of recreation and transportation, which means it's important to remain safe through wearing protective gear like helmets and obe...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Cause

Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

Head Injury - Tests

What tests were performed for your head injury?

Head Injury (Brain Injury) - Symptoms

What is your experience with delayed symptoms of brain injury?