Yoga is defined as a systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony in the body, mind, and environment. The practice entails low-impact physical activity, postures (called asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation, and meditation. Most people are familiar with the physical poses or yoga positions but don't know that yoga involves so much more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Healthy Living related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Healthy Living Related Resources
Healthy Living Articles
- How Can I Make My Lower Back Stronger?
- Are Rook Piercings Painful?
- What Is Vitamin B12 Good For?
- What Do Systolic and Diastolic Mean?
- What Do the First Signs of Shingles Look Like?
- What Triggers Sciatica?
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
- What Is the Main Cause of Piriformis Syndrome?
- What Is Salmonella Commonly Found In?
- How Do You Do Intermittent Fasting?
- What Foods Are the Highest in Iron?
- What Can You Eat on The Keto Diet?
- How Serious Is a Hernia?
- What Are the Symptoms of Low Vitamin B12?
- What Are the Major Types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
Healthy Living Medications
- medium chain triglycerides (Liquigen, MCT) (MCT)
- alpha-lipoic acid (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300) (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300)
- l-methylfolate (Denovo, Deplin, Duleek-DP) (Deplin, Zervalx)
- conivaptan (Vaprisol) (Vaprisol)
- orlistat (alli, Xenical) (alli, Xenical)
- red yeast rice (Cholestin (obsolete), Red Yeast Rice) (Red Yeast Rice)
- fat supplement (oral) (Microlipid) (Microlipid)
- calcium citrate (Citracal, Citracal Liquitab)
- magnesium lactate (Mag-Tab SR) (Mag-Tab SR)
- calcium phosphate, tribasic (tricalcium phosphate) (Posture) (Posture)
- calcium lactate (Ridactate)
- calcium gluconate (oral/injection)
- lecithin (Lecithin Natural, Lecithin-Softgels, Soya Lecithin)
- multivitamin with iron and fluoride (Escavite, Escavite D, Escavite LQ) (MyKidz Iron FL, Poly Vitamin with Fluoride with Iron, Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron and more)
Healthy Living Images and Slideshows
- Diet and Nutrition: Best Foods to Eat in Each Decade of Life
- Diet and Weight Loss: Morning Habits to Help You Lose Weight
- Diet and Nutrition: What Happens When You Stop Eating Meat
- Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
- Healthy Aging: How to Outsmart Father Time
- Diet and Nutrition: The Health Benefits of Apples
- Sexual Health: Things You Should (and Shouldn't) Do After Sex
- Healthy Living: Common Showering and Bathing Mistakes
- Sexual Health: Common Sex Injuries and Other Hazards
- Healthy Aging: Want to Stay Youthful? Avoid These Mistakes
- Diet and Nutrition: Health Benefits of Almonds
- Fitness and Exercise: How to Start a Walking Program
- Diabetes: Low-Carb Choices for Fast Food
- Healthy Home: Reasons Your House Stinks
- Sexual Health: 12 Tips for Better Sex
Healthy Living Quizzes
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
- Belly Fat Foods Quiz
- Summer Food Safety Quiz: Test Your Food Safety IQ
- Fat and Fats Quiz: Fatty Food & Body Fat Percentage
- Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
- Metabolism Quiz: What is Metabolism?
- Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
- Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
- Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
- Belly (Abdominal) Fat Quiz: Test Your Belly Fat IQ
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
- Happiness Quiz: Positive Attitude
- Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects
- Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary Supplements
Healthy Living News
- Vitamin Sales Skyrocket, but Buyer Beware
- Should Alcoholic Drinks Have Calorie-Content Labels?
- Vaccine May Blunt Effects of Deadly Synthetic Opioids
- Large Study Links Brown Fat With Lower Rates of Cardiometabolic Disease
- New Dietary Guidelines Omit Recommended Cuts to Sugar, Alcohol Intake
- 'On-Demand' Fast Mobilizes Fat; Low-Carb Breakfast Stymies Hunger
- Non-COVID Hospital Admissions Plunged, Still Down in Pandemic
- Many Americans Still Concerned About Access to Health Care
- Treat Obesity Like Breast Cancer, With Empathy
- Time-Restricted Feeding a 'Viable Option' to Lose Weight
- Stores Offer Seniors-Only Shopping Times for Coronavirus Safety
- Herbal Supplements Ineffective for Weight Loss
- US Life Expectancy Up for First Time in 4 Years, as ODs, Cancer Deaths Dip
- Low-Fat, Low-Carb Diets Equally Beneficial if Healthy Foods Included
- Even With Hospital Price Lists, 'Shopping Around' Still Difficult