Yoga is defined as a systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony in the body, mind, and environment. The practice entails low-impact physical activity, postures (called asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation, and meditation. Most people are familiar with the physical poses or yoga positions but don't know that yoga involves so much more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Healthy Living related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Healthy Living Related Resources
Healthy Living Articles
- What Defines Obesity?
- What Is the True Way to Lose Weight?
- What Are the Symptoms of Low Vitamin D?
- How Do You Make Nausea Go Away?
- Is SlimFast a Good Way to Lose Weight?
- How Can I Lose Weight Around My Belly?
- What Is a Normal Body Mass Index?
- What Are the Different Types of Foot Pain?
- How Do I Calculate Nutritional Information?
- Which Medicines Should Not Be Taken Together?
- How Do I Know If My Back Pain Is Serious?
- What’s a Good Weight Loss Pill That Actually Works?
- What Is DHEA Used For?
- What Does Black Cohosh Do for Your Body?
- What Is Stem Cell Research?
Healthy Living Medications
- medium chain triglycerides (Liquigen, MCT) (MCT)
- alpha-lipoic acid (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300) (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300)
- l-methylfolate (Denovo, Deplin, Duleek-DP) (Deplin, Zervalx)
- conivaptan (Vaprisol) (Vaprisol)
- orlistat (alli, Xenical) (alli, Xenical)
- red yeast rice (Cholestin (obsolete), Red Yeast Rice) (Red Yeast Rice)
- fat supplement (oral) (Microlipid) (Microlipid)
- calcium citrate (Citracal, Citracal Liquitab)
- magnesium lactate (Mag-Tab SR) (Mag-Tab SR)
- calcium phosphate, tribasic (tricalcium phosphate) (Posture) (Posture)
- calcium lactate (Ridactate)
- calcium gluconate (oral/injection)
- lecithin (Lecithin Natural, Lecithin-Softgels, Soya Lecithin)
- multivitamin with iron and fluoride (Escavite, Escavite D, Escavite LQ) (MyKidz Iron FL, Poly Vitamin with Fluoride with Iron, Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron and more)
Healthy Living Images and Slideshows
- Health and Beauty: Best Ways to Remove Hair
- Diet and Nutrition: What Happens When You Stop Eating Carbs
- Diet and Nutrition: Fermented Foods for Boosting Health
- Diet and Nutrition: Healthiest Salty Snacks
- Diet and Nutrition: Healthy Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken
- Diet and Nutrition: Fruit and Veggie Skins You Can Eat
- Diet and Nutrition: Fatty Fish That Are High in Omega-3s
- Diet and Nutrition: Health Benefits of Olive Oil
- Healthy Fast Food Options: 10 Tips for a Weight Loss Diet
- Diet and Nutrition: Health Benefits of Pineapple
- Diet and Nutrition: Protein Sources That Aren’t Meat
- Diet and Nutrition: All About Shrimp
- Diet and Nutrition: Health Benefits of Spinach
- Fitness and Exercise: Best Exercises for Weight Loss
- Diet and Nutrition: Reasons to Eat More Oranges
Healthy Living Quizzes
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
- Belly Fat Foods Quiz
- Summer Food Safety Quiz: Test Your Food Safety IQ
- Fat and Fats Quiz: Fatty Food & Body Fat Percentage
- Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
- Metabolism Quiz: What is Metabolism?
- Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
- Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
- Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
- Belly (Abdominal) Fat Quiz: Test Your Belly Fat IQ
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
- Happiness Quiz: Positive Attitude
- Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects
- Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary Supplements
Healthy Living News
- Walking 7,000 Steps per Day May Reduce Mortality Risk
- Heat Is On: Extreme Heat Wave Taking a Deadly Toll
- Lawmakers Seek to Address Medicare Vaccine 'Sticker Shock'
- People Who Live Past 100 Have Good DNA Repair Genes
- 'Sit Less, Move More' May Be Key to Keeping Weight Off
- Herbal and Dietary Weight Loss Supplements: No Evidence They Work
- Don't Screen for Vitamin D in General Population, Says US Task Force
- In US, Lockdowns Added 2 Pounds per Month
- Vitamin Sales Skyrocket, but Buyer Beware
- Should Alcoholic Drinks Have Calorie-Content Labels?
- Vaccine May Blunt Effects of Deadly Synthetic Opioids
- Large Study Links Brown Fat With Lower Rates of Cardiometabolic Disease
- New Dietary Guidelines Omit Recommended Cuts to Sugar, Alcohol Intake
- 'On-Demand' Fast Mobilizes Fat; Low-Carb Breakfast Stymies Hunger
- Non-COVID Hospital Admissions Plunged, Still Down in Pandemic