Yoga is defined as a systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony in the body, mind, and environment. The practice entails low-impact physical activity, postures (called asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation, and meditation. Most people are familiar with the physical poses or yoga positions but don't know that yoga involves so much more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Healthy Living related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Healthy Living Related Resources
Healthy Living Articles
- How Does Serotonin Make You Feel?
- Is It Safe to Only Eat 1200 Calories a Day?
- Do Healthy Adults Under Age 65 Need to Worry About COVID-19?
- What Do Physical Therapists Do for the Elderly?
- What Foods Are Highest in Fiber?
- Is Turmeric Bad for Your Kidneys?
- What Foods Should I Avoid with Fibromyalgia?
- What Causes Blood in Urine without Pain?
- How Is Lupus Nephritis Treated?
- What Are The Six Classes of Lupus Nephritis?
- Are the Side Effects of the Second Shingrix Shot as Bad as the First?
- What Is Anemia of Chronic Disease?
- Which Is the Best Treatment for Varicose Veins?
- How Do You Treat a Fractured Pelvis?
- Does a Torn MCL Hurt to Touch?
Healthy Living Medications
- medium chain triglycerides (Liquigen, MCT) (MCT)
- alpha-lipoic acid (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300) (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300)
- l-methylfolate (Denovo, Deplin, Duleek-DP) (Deplin, Zervalx)
- conivaptan (Vaprisol) (Vaprisol)
- orlistat (alli, Xenical) (alli, Xenical)
- red yeast rice (Cholestin (obsolete), Red Yeast Rice) (Red Yeast Rice)
- fat supplement (oral) (Microlipid) (Microlipid)
- calcium citrate (Citracal, Citracal Liquitab)
- magnesium lactate (Mag-Tab SR) (Mag-Tab SR)
- calcium phosphate, tribasic (tricalcium phosphate) (Posture) (Posture)
- calcium lactate (Ridactate)
- calcium gluconate (oral/injection)
- lecithin (Lecithin Natural, Lecithin-Softgels, Soya Lecithin)
- multivitamin with iron and fluoride (Escavite, Escavite D, Escavite LQ) (MyKidz Iron FL, Poly Vitamin with Fluoride with Iron, Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron and more)
Healthy Living Images and Slideshows
- Vitamins and Supplements: Foods High in Vitamin D
- Food and Recipes: How Long Does Your Produce Stay Fresh?
- Fitness and Exercise: 15 Things You Can Do for Your Health Today
- Fitness and Exercise: Basic Body-Weight Exercises You Can Do Right Now
- Fitness and Exercise: Surprising Signs You're Not Moving Enough
- First Aid Emergencies: What Happens When You Break a Bone
- Healthy Living: Create a Healthier Bedroom
- Diet and Nutrition: Cheap and Healthy Sources of Protein
- Diet and Nutrition: Low-Carb Fruits
- Food and Recipes: Frozen Food Mistakes
- How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Healthy Aging: What to Expect in Your 70s
- Fitness and Exercise: 12 Basic Yoga Poses
- Exercise and Fitness: 10 Budget-Friendly Exercise Gadgets
- Healthy Aging: What to Expect in Your 50s
Healthy Living Quizzes
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
- Belly Fat Foods Quiz
- Summer Food Safety Quiz: Test Your Food Safety IQ
- Fat and Fats Quiz: Fatty Food & Body Fat Percentage
- Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
- Metabolism Quiz: What is Metabolism?
- Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
- Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
- Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
- Belly (Abdominal) Fat Quiz: Test Your Belly Fat IQ
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
- Happiness Quiz: Positive Attitude
- Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects
- Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary Supplements
Healthy Living News
- People Who Live Past 100 Have Good DNA Repair Genes
- 'Sit Less, Move More' May Be Key to Keeping Weight Off
- Herbal and Dietary Weight Loss Supplements: No Evidence They Work
- Don't Screen for Vitamin D in General Population, Says US Task Force
- In US, Lockdowns Added 2 Pounds per Month
- Vitamin Sales Skyrocket, but Buyer Beware
- Should Alcoholic Drinks Have Calorie-Content Labels?
- Vaccine May Blunt Effects of Deadly Synthetic Opioids
- Large Study Links Brown Fat With Lower Rates of Cardiometabolic Disease
- New Dietary Guidelines Omit Recommended Cuts to Sugar, Alcohol Intake
- 'On-Demand' Fast Mobilizes Fat; Low-Carb Breakfast Stymies Hunger
- Non-COVID Hospital Admissions Plunged, Still Down in Pandemic
- Many Americans Still Concerned About Access to Health Care
- Treat Obesity Like Breast Cancer, With Empathy
- Time-Restricted Feeding a 'Viable Option' to Lose Weight