Hearing Loss: Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people can help prevent hearing loss by wearing ear protection in noisy environments, promply treating ear infections, and never inserting foreign objects into the ear canal(such as cotton swabs).
Earache (Ear Pain) Earache is pain in the ear. An earache can be caused by infections or fungus. There are types of ear infections to include otitis externa, otitis externa (swimmer's ear), otitis media, and myringitis. Symptoms of an earache include pain in the ear, fever, fluid seeping from the ear, and headache. Treatment of earache depends on the cause.
Expert Views and News
- FDA Allows Sales of First Self-Fitting Hearing Aid
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Prevalence Declining in Segments
- Improving Hearing Aid Accessibility
- Hearing Loss May Skew Alzheimer's Test Results
- Diabetes May Be Linked to Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Is High, but Hearing Aid Use Is Low
- Teen Hearing Loss: Girls Catch Up With Boys