Hearing Loss: Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people can help prevent hearing loss by wearing ear protection in noisy environments, promply treating ear infections, and never inserting foreign objects into the ear canal(such as cotton swabs).
Ear Tubes Ear infections are one of the most common infection in children. Environmental and anatomy problems occur and some children are prone to multiple ear infections. When this is the case, often, ear tubes surgery (myringotomy) is recommended. Parents and caregivers should prepare the child and themselves for the procedure. Knowing what to expect before, during, and after surgery is critical for proper healing.
Expert Views and News
- FDA Allows Sales of First Self-Fitting Hearing Aid
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Prevalence Declining in Segments
- Improving Hearing Aid Accessibility
- Hearing Loss May Skew Alzheimer's Test Results
- Diabetes May Be Linked to Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Is High, but Hearing Aid Use Is Low
- Teen Hearing Loss: Girls Catch Up With Boys