Hearing Loss: Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people can help prevent hearing loss by wearing ear protection in noisy environments, promply treating ear infections, and never inserting foreign objects into the ear canal(such as cotton swabs).
Tinnitus (Ringing, Clicking, in the Ears) Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is a cause for hearing loss. Tinnitus also can be caused by ear infections, exposure to loud noises, Meniere's disease, medications, brain tumors, TMJ, and other medical conditions. Treatment for tinnitus depends upon the cause.
Expert Views and News
- FDA Allows Sales of First Self-Fitting Hearing Aid
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Prevalence Declining in Segments
- Improving Hearing Aid Accessibility
- Hearing Loss May Skew Alzheimer's Test Results
- Diabetes May Be Linked to Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Is High, but Hearing Aid Use Is Low
- Teen Hearing Loss: Girls Catch Up With Boys