Viewer Comments: Arrhythmias - Medications

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders):

Arrhythmias - Medications

What medications have helped you manage and treat your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Comment from: Jelena, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I noticed shortness of breath almost a year ago intermittently. The general physician did tests and I underwent ECG, etc. No medicines were prescribed. Five months ago, the problem became very noticeable on a daily basis. This time I went to a cardiologist and after investigative surgery was diagnosed with heart rhythm disorder i.e., missing a heartbeat. I am now on metoprolol 1/2 tablet 2 time a day, which should always be taken around the same time morning and evening. I have felt the difference when I have slipped up a couple of times. I was told to continue doing what I normally do, on a daily basis this includes high intensity cardio activity which I do 3 times a week for 1.5 hours at a time. So far fine. There has been no noticeable difference. Hoping this will continue to be the case as I would hate to give up my cardio pump (so to speak). My advice is to stay positive.

Must Read Articles Related to Heart Rhythm Disorders

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety as a medical condition is characterized ...learn more >>
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or learn more >>

Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter

Atrial flutter is a type of arrhyt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders):

Arrhythmias - Symptoms

What signs and symptoms do you have with your arrhythmia?

Arrhythmias - Treatment

What treatments have been effective in treating and managing your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Arrhythmias - Type and Cause

Please describe what type of arrhythmia you have, and if known, what caused it.

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow