Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders)

Please describe what type of arrhythmia you have, and if known, what caused it. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: nanafrog07, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 11

My daughter is 19 years old. About six months ago, she developed severe chest pain with palpitations. She was admitted to the hospital. Her heart rate remained between 130 and 160 for four days. She had a normal echo, normal EKGs and normal lab results. She was sent home on Toprol and has continued to have a rapid heart rate in the 90s to low 100s with activity. She also continues to have chest pain. She has been told it is stress, but she says she does not feel stressed. We had a stress test done and are waiting on the results, but she says the doctor who performed the test told her she was not active enough. She is a non-smoker, non drinker, no caffenine, young woman. She had no health issues before this.

Comment from: cor, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 19

My son had a routine physical this morning. The doctor sent him directly to a cardiologist. The EKG showed three beats normal, then skipping a beat.

Comment from: Rom, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

For the past ten years I have experienced various forms of heart rhythm disorder. 10 years ago it was primarily an occasional rapid palpitation and now it is a daily irregularity, most noticeable just before sleeping at night, but obvious during the day as well.

Comment from: Donna, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 02

My husband is 63 and 10 years ago had a mechanical heart valve placed in his aorta. He has been okay over these years, but in the last few months he has gained 30 lbs. He also has an anger issue and this morning he asked me to listen to his heart which is normally a strong 2 beats but it was 3 beats every couple of beats. He has complained of shortness of breath, has been tired a lot and complains of pain in his chest which he says is relieved by burping. I am worried.

Comment from: tgfox, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 05

The left side of my heart is not getting electrical impulses.

Comment from: bigerdog10, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 11

I had a four-way bypass four weeks ago and I have had arrhythmia twice. I just sneezed twice and my heart when out of rhythm.

• Arrhythmias - Symptoms

What signs and symptoms do you have with your arrhythmia?

Post View 2 Comments
  • Arrhythmias - Treatment

What treatments have been effective in treating and managing your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Post
  • Arrhythmias - Medications

What medications have helped you manage and treat your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Post View 1 Comment

Medically reviewed by Robert J. Bryg, MD; Board Certified Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease

REFERENCE:

Bocka, Joseph J., MD. "Automatic External Defibrillation." Medscape. Updated: May 30, 2014.
<http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/780533-overview>