Viewer Comments: Arrhythmias - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders):

Arrhythmias - Symptoms

What signs and symptoms do you have with your arrhythmia?

Comment from: Gary, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 04

Since having open-heart surgery to repair a mitral valve (had progressed to mitral regurgitation) I have had many bouts of irregular heart beat including A-fib, flutter and ventricular tachycardia. I generally feel tired, have shortness of breath and can feel the thumping when leaning or laying on my left side. I had an ablation in early 2012 which stopped the symptoms, but in the past two months they have returned. I've been on Warfarin for two years.

Comment from: vg, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: September 12

With my heart rhythm disorder, I am suffering from shortness of breath; I'm tired all the time, I have chest pain and I have lost my appetite.

Must Read Articles Related to Heart Rhythm Disorders

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety as a medical condition is characterized ...learn more >>
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or learn more >>

Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter

Atrial flutter is a type of arrhyt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders):

Arrhythmias - Treatment

What treatments have been effective in treating and managing your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Arrhythmias - Type and Cause

Please describe what type of arrhythmia you have, and if known, what caused it.

Arrhythmias - Medications

What medications have helped you manage and treat your arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder)?

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow