H. pylori Infection (Helicobacter Pylori)

What were the symptoms of your helicobacter pylori? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: cm, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I feel bloated, lots of gas, weight loss, and not able to eat much. This is my second time with Helicobacter pylori. I had treatment, but still have the bacteria, and now looking for different combinations of drugs to combat the bacteria. I am 72 and this is getting to be a difficult disease to fight at my age.

Comment from: Eileen dl, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 14

Unbelievable. I suffered with the following symptoms for about 1 year before I was diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori... dental problems, bad breath, eye disease, heart issue (supraventricular tachycardia) 2 times in the hospital with echogram, chest pain, esophagus and terrible stomach pain, and mental depression. Now I am on 2 antibiotics and going for test of heart vessels as chest pain is not subsiding; and all this because of H. pylori. Hopefully it is not too late. Will keep you posted.

Comment from: Marie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I was just diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori. I started with dry mouth, fatigue, headache, dizziness, weight loss, and pain in my stomach. I am on antibiotics now. I will see how that works, but this dry mouth is driving me crazy.

Comment from: Hpylorisucks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

My symptoms of Helicobacter pylori include severe stomach cramps, fever, gas, diarrhea for weeks, burning in my stomach, constipation, not being able to eat a whole meal or really anything for that matter, dry mouth, nausea, exhaustion, feeling full when you barely ate, fatigue, bloody stools, bloating, discharge, stress, and weight loss. It has even caused me to now have a vitamin D deficiency. I was treated for H. pylori last year, but it clearly didn’t work, because here I am having to be treated again! It’s miserable.

Comment from: Paralegal1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

In May 2015 I was really tired, lethargic and bloated all the time. I was so constipated and miserable. I had been gluten free for 4 years by self-diagnosis. Finally, I went to a gastroenterologist. My blood work came back positive for Helicobacter pylori. The doctor said that H. pylori causes similar symptoms as gluten allergies. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which showed all of the internal inflammation and prior damage from the bacteria. It seemed to be dormant so there was no need for eradication, however the prescription acid reflux pills made me sick so I stopped that. Now I take probiotics and manuka honey and feel great. Try to avoid the prescription drugs. I have to go back for a check up to see if the bacteria is gone.

Comment from: Ben, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I am having a nightmare. I am having gas, stomach pain, bouts of really scary fatigue and weakness, now worse, an hour or so after eating, so not wanting to eat. Been on proton pump inhibitors for 2 weeks, but no better, and doctors are locked down for COVID 19. I managed to get them to send me for a Helicobacter pylori test. I hope it is positive as I don’t like the alternative. They say they will give me antibiotics.

Comment from: A.R, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 06

Sometimes when I'm hungry my stomach starts hurting, sometimes pain like I have a wound. Also I feel like vomiting but I don't. Sometimes I sound like I am snoring. I have dry lips, and when I eat I feel too full like I have too much air in the stomach. When I eat a fat cake I get diarrhea. If I stay hungry for long my stomach will start hurting, or sometimes I feel sick. I think I have Helicobacter pylori.

Comment from: Libby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

My symptoms were: pain in right side and generally feeling sick. I also have pain in my bladder, gas, cramps and bloating.

Comment from: caroline, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have just found out that I have h. pylori. I thought I had yeast infection due to the fact it’s hard to tell h. pylori symptoms from a yeast infection because you have a white discharge from both of them.

QUESTION

Pancreatitis is inflammation of an organ in the abdomen called the pancreas. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW