Viewer Comments: Hematoma - Experience

eMedicineHealth

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Experience

Please describe your experience with hematoma.

Comment from: Hi there, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

We were at the airport ready to leave. My husband assembled my new scooter and I thought it was ok. I got on it and realized I was rolling backward. I screamed for help, but too late. Scooter and I fell off a 10-inch curb and landed full force on my right hip, shoulder and elbow. For our 8 day cruise, I had such a hematoma it covered my entire hip and buttock and wrapped a quarter way around to the front. It was very painful and prevented me from sleeping. The skin got quite taught and was hard as a brick. It's the eleventh day now and it still covers about the size of two handprints. It still hurts if I touch it, but I made it through our cruise anyway.

Comment from: john, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

I was in a motorcycle accident, it was an occurrence due to failure of the rear tire while making a turn on a residential street. I basically did a full body slam on my right side onto the gutter, curb, and sidewalk with the bike slamming down on top of me resulting in a dislocated shoulder, and taking a thirty mph punch to the abdomen by the curb into soft area between the ribcage and pelvic area. I am very lucky nothing was broken or ruptured, however I had massive bruising that upon dissipation resulted in a very large hematoma over my right hip at the belt line. It has been six weeks and I see no shrinkage as of yet. I have been told that nothing can be done. I really need some sort of idea how to make this thing go away, it has increased my waist size from 34 to 44 on one side. If I find a solution I will post again.

Must Read Articles Related to Hematoma

DVT (Blood Clot in the Leg, Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Blood Clot in the Legs

Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>

Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Broken Nose
Broken Nose A broken nose (nasal fracture) is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. Causes of a broken nose include fights, sports injuries, motor vehicle ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Types

What type of hematoma did you have?

Hematoma - Self-Care

Did you use self-care to treat a minor hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain hematoma?

Hematoma - Medical Care

How did you know it was time to seek care for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Treatment

Did you need treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Causes

What caused your hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma?

Hematoma - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hematoma?