Viewer Comments: Hematoma - Treatment

eMedicineHealth

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Treatment

Did you need treatment for your hematoma?

Comment from: hematoma on thighs, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 11

I have gone through an accident 1 week before. I have been facing bruises around the infected area on left thighs and now the hematoma is increasing and growing larger gravitationally day by day. I have been taking anticoagulant medication (Acitrom) and blood thinning tablets. I think it is subcutaneous hematoma but there is also a bump (the area where it got hurt). The bump size is the same as was 1 week before.

Comment from: Chelle, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I couldn't look to the left without intense pain, for five days. I went to the hospital for my appointment for my leukemia. In the morning it was sore, but I could look both ways. I found out it was a hematoma through an MRI. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: bluemountain26., (Patient) Published: March 21

Well, in bed I had a cold back. So I took the blankets to throw then over my back. My hand slipped off the blanket and my thumb bone hit right beside my eye. This is almost 2 week ago. I have never seen such a big bruise, started like big egg the side of my face, then spread to my eye and below eye. I have got blood under the eye. It is spongy, and won't go away. I don't know how to get rid of the hematoma.

Comment from: rto, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 24

I fell going downstairs. I bruised my back near my lower back. After 4 hours I put an ice pack on it to stop the blood. I am on the blood thinner Plavix.

Comment from: RHONDA M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 20

I had a car accident in 1985 and I was critically injured. I had broken arm, crushed pelvis, and a hematoma that was ignored because I developed a staph infection which they never could determine where it came from. It lies dormant and returns.

Must Read Articles Related to Hematoma

DVT (Blood Clot in the Leg, Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Blood Clot in the Legs

Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>

Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Broken Nose
Broken Nose A broken nose (nasal fracture) is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. Causes of a broken nose include fights, sports injuries, motor vehicle ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Types

What type of hematoma did you have?

Hematoma - Self-Care

Did you use self-care to treat a minor hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain hematoma?

Hematoma - Medical Care

How did you know it was time to seek care for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Causes

What caused your hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma?

Hematoma - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Experience

Please describe your experience with hematoma.