Hematoma

Did you need treatment for your hematoma? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: hematoma on thighs, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 11

I have gone through an accident 1 week before. I have been facing bruises around the infected area on left thighs and now the hematoma is increasing and growing larger gravitationally day by day. I have been taking anticoagulant medication (Acitrom) and blood thinning tablets. I think it is subcutaneous hematoma but there is also a bump (the area where it got hurt). The bump size is the same as was 1 week before.

Comment from: Chelle, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I couldn't look to the left without intense pain, for five days. I went to the hospital for my appointment for my leukemia. In the morning it was sore, but I could look both ways. I found out it was a hematoma through an MRI. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: Laineyheff, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

Eight weeks post mastectomy, I was found to have pulmonary embolisms and treated with blood thinners. After 3 weeks it was changed from 30 mg to 20 mg per day. Within days I developed pain and swelling in my foot. I had had a flap procedure in this foot after a car accident three years ago. Seems there is a weakness there. The general physician put me on antibiotics for infection.

Comment from: bluemountain26., (Patient) Published: March 21

Well, in bed I had a cold back. So I took the blankets to throw then over my back. My hand slipped off the blanket and my thumb bone hit right beside my eye. This is almost 2 week ago. I have never seen such a big bruise, started like big egg the side of my face, then spread to my eye and below eye. I have got blood under the eye. It is spongy, and won't go away. I don't know how to get rid of the hematoma.

Comment from: rto, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 24

I fell going downstairs. I bruised my back near my lower back. After 4 hours I put an ice pack on it to stop the blood. I am on the blood thinner Plavix.

Comment from: RHONDA M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 20

I had a car accident in 1985 and I was critically injured. I had broken arm, crushed pelvis, and a hematoma that was ignored because I developed a staph infection which they never could determine where it came from. It lies dormant and returns.

Medically reviewed by John A. Daller, MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialty certification in surgical critical care

Liebeskind, S. et al. "Intracranial Hemorrhage." Medscape. Dec. 4, 2014.

Liebeskind, S. et al. "Epidural Hematoma." Medscape. Apr. 28, 014.

Olson, D. et al. "Head Injury." Medscape. Dec. 22, 2014.