Viewer Comments: Hematoma - Self-Care

eMedicineHealth

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Self-Care

Did you use self-care to treat a minor hematoma?

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I am taking Xarelto for thinning my blood. I have an iliac femoral bypass. I slipped getting into tub and my right inside leg slid along the edge of the bathtub. That was a month ago. The bruising is all gone but I have a round golf ball sized hematoma inside my joint beside the knee where you see a bend in the knee. I wonder if I should be seeing a doctor. Unfortunately, I am in Mexico, no health insurance here.

Must Read Articles Related to Hematoma

DVT (Blood Clot in the Leg, Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Blood Clot in the Legs

Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg, DVT) is a learn more >>

Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Broken Nose
Broken Nose A broken nose (nasal fracture) is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. Causes of a broken nose include fights, sports injuries, motor vehicle ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hematoma:

Hematoma - Treatment

Did you need treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Types

What type of hematoma did you have?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your brain hematoma?

Hematoma - Medical Care

How did you know it was time to seek care for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Causes

What caused your hematoma?

Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma?

Hematoma - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hematoma?

Hematoma - Experience

Please describe your experience with hematoma.